x

Connecting to Quickbooks

I can't connect to Quickbooks.  I get to the screen that says "Continue and set up QuickBoooks" but then nothing happens when I click on it...

Message 1 of 16
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

That is correct @Body, at this time we only support QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop portfolio. You can find this information on our Support Center article Intuit QuickBooks and Square

If you have any other questions please let me know! 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 16
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @xenbunny!

Have you taken a look at this Support Center article?

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Hey @Body, are you using QuickBooks online or Quickbooks for Desktop? 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 

Message 2 of 16

I'm using online self employed. When I spoke to someone at QuickBooks yesterday, they said that self employed can't be connected to QuickBooks. Is that correct?  Square doesn't specify this when promoting syncing with QuickBooks.

Message 3 of 16

Best Answer

That is correct @Body, at this time we only support QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop portfolio. You can find this information on our Support Center article Intuit QuickBooks and Square

If you have any other questions please let me know! 🙂

Message 4 of 16

I have tried to integrate with square via Quickbooks but I am continously receiving an error message saying it can't connect to my square. I don't know how to resolve this. 

Message 5 of 16
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @xenbunny!

Have you taken a look at this Support Center article?

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 16

Yes I have. I have already tried the steps listed including downloading the "app".

Message 7 of 16
Admin

Have you contacted Quickbooks Support? They handle most integration issues as the error message typically comes up on their end @xenbunny

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 8 of 16

Hi. Yes I contacted them. They have not been able to help me at all.

Message 9 of 16
Admin

Please reply with a screenshot of the error message you keep receiving. I'll escalate to our Engineering Team @xenbunny

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 10 of 16
Beta Member

I also have QB Self Employed but my question is, if I create an account for the QB Online, will everything transfer over from SE or will I have to add the information all over again?

Message 11 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ConditionMeBody,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Seller Community, I noticed it's your first post, welcome! 

There's an automatic sync feature between Square and QuickBooks, so your transactions on Square can sync across directly. You can check out our guide to connecting QuickBooks and Square here 🙂

Message 12 of 16

Our square has always communicated with QuickBooks and suddenly it stopped.  We retried the sync but nothing was updated.  We need our sales to be reflected in our QuickBooks.

Message 13 of 16

Hi there, @HectorHandmade 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us here. 

So sorry to hear about the trouble with your integration of your account to Quickbooks. Sounds strange, indeed. I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding Quickbooks troubleshooting. Take a look at this helpful resource - it should be able to point you to some steps for ensuring your connection remains synced. 

If you've followed the steps listed in this resource and are still experiencing issues, we would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly for a further deep dive into the issue. They can take a more hands-on approach and see where the issue lays.

Feel free to reach out if you have any clarifying questions! We are here to help. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 16
Beta Member

$$

Message 15 of 16

Hi @Scicky and welcome to Square/the Seller Community!

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 16