x

Adding multiple pictures to one item listing?

There used to be an option to add multiple pictures to one item listing. Example: show various colors, sayings, shapes, etc. of the same item. I no longer can figure out how or where to do this..... Some of my older posts/items have the photo slideshow; so why can't I do it on new items listed? Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @cfoy! To add additional images to your online store:

1. Sign in to your online Square Dashboard and navigate to your Online Store Site Editor.
  2. Click on item you'd like to add more images to and click on the Edit Item icon to make changes.
  3. Click the + icon immediately below 'Additional images'.
  4. Upload a new image from your computer and click Save to save your changes.

If you're not seeing these options you might need to switch to a different browser like Chrome or Firefox. Let me know if you're still having trouble! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Found another post about images being added from Site Editor in the "Individual Dashboard" but when I go there and click on "Site Editor" the screen stays white, a circle spins, and it keeps telling me "squareup.com is not responding"... Any reason for this? I even close the browser and go back in and still the same issue. We use Microsoft Edge for a browser.

Message 2 of 15
Square

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @thegiftcavern. Hmm, I was able to load it on my side using Google Chrome. You may need to switch browsers, or trying clearing the browsing data/cookies to see if that helps!

Message 3 of 15

Hi! I am having the same problem, did you ever figure out how to add multiple pictures to one item? TIA!!

Message 4 of 15
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @cfoy! To add additional images to your online store:

1. Sign in to your online Square Dashboard and navigate to your Online Store Site Editor.
  2. Click on item you'd like to add more images to and click on the Edit Item icon to make changes.
  3. Click the + icon immediately below 'Additional images'.
  4. Upload a new image from your computer and click Save to save your changes.

If you're not seeing these options you might need to switch to a different browser like Chrome or Firefox. Let me know if you're still having trouble! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 15

I have added multiple pictures per listing  but only the main picture shows up when I look on the site. Also, they are cropped, even though I have set my proportions appropriately (I think).

Message 6 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @deswar! I would recommend looking at this thread where @Goldneye gives some useful tools for your image cropping issue. 

In regards to the multiple images not displaying - are you using the Order Online layout? Usually when people have this issue it’s because they’re using that layout and multiple product images are only shown with the Shop All template. You can change your template under Edit Website > Category Pages > Switch Template.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 15

My problem is solved on the cropping thing...I had it on the Restaurant setting instead of Retail. But bc nothing is intuitively put together on the back end, I wasted hours trying to figure it out. 

Message 8 of 15

@deswar I'm sorry you had such a frustrating experience. I will take the feedback to our team.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 15

Thanks! I can see the two templates now, and trying them out makes sense. 

For our site, it makes more sense to keep things simple and just use a single image per product. That way we get the benefit of putting a bit more descriptive text up front. problem solved

Message 10 of 15

Is there a way to add multiple photos to a product listing from a phone? I use my phone to take all my photos and there is no simple/fast way for me to move photos from my phone to my computer to add to my online listings. I wish the Square app allowed users to add multiple photos directly, it would save a lot of time and be more efficient

Message 11 of 15
Beta Member

Hey friend,

I know this may seem like a stretch or overburdening method to use, but by chance would it be possible to upload the photos to a Google Drive so it can be accessed from your computer as well as your phone? It currently works for me so I figured there is no harm in sharing!

Much luck!

Carmelita Thompson - Owner of Wholistic Botanica

https://www.wholisticbotanica.com/
Message 12 of 15

I agree. Every step posting to my store is so non-intuitive it takes me an hour to list a single item. I am thisclose to just deleting my store. I swear it would be easier to build a webpage for each item myself. 

Message 13 of 15

Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience, @LoriWatts. You can get to your site editor, and Square Online Dashboard by heading to https://square.online. From there, your site editor is under Website > Edit Site and you'd also be able to edit your items under Items > Site Items. Please let us know how you go!

Message 14 of 15

That would be great if there were a way to get to the site editor! But there's no link to that that I can find on my dashboard. 

Message 15 of 15