x

Why am I not able to use the instant transfer?

My instant transfer isn't working? It says it's unavailable? Why? It's always worked before? 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 15
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Why am I not able to use the instant transfer?

Hello @Ibw @Bella1 and @headkase! I'm sorry no one followed up with you @Kam_ann11

Hey, I can provide some clarification for everyone! So to utilize our Instant Transfer feature you will need a bank account and a debit card that support Instant Transfer. Sometimes a debit cards availability will be changed. The card network and issuers make the decision to change your cards availability. 

When a card is no longer supported for instant transfer we do our best to try and bring it back as a supported card, but the choice is ultimately left up to the card networks and issuers. 

Our Support Team can check to see if this is the case with your card. Please reach out to us when you get a chance! 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @Ibw @Bella1 and @headkase! I'm sorry no one followed up with you @Kam_ann11

Hey, I can provide some clarification for everyone! So to utilize our Instant Transfer feature you will need a bank account and a debit card that support Instant Transfer. Sometimes a debit cards availability will be changed. The card network and issuers make the decision to change your cards availability. 

When a card is no longer supported for instant transfer we do our best to try and bring it back as a supported card, but the choice is ultimately left up to the card networks and issuers. 

Our Support Team can check to see if this is the case with your card. Please reach out to us when you get a chance! 

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

This is when mine stopped too. It has been gone for 10 days now and it is messing things up so badly for me. If u have 5/3 bank I heard that is the issue. 

Message 2 of 15

I also started having this issue a few days ago and bank with 5/3 I have sent square support an email on the 14th and still have not gotten a response

Message 3 of 15

I'm having the same problem it keeps telling me to update my debit card but when I do it still won't work.  I changed my  Bank account and debit card since then I've had so many problems I'm still waiting for Support to email me back maybe you should try emailing them as well

Message 4 of 15

Best Answer

Message 5 of 15

After a year ofbusing the same debit card linked to instant deposit . I suddenly got the message it wasnt supported. But the whole year prior it was. When I called square the blamed my bank and told me id have to talk to a manager at 5th 3rd. So I sat down with my bank and there were no issues there. Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you fix it ?

Message 6 of 15
Alumni

Hi @Mcholla24 - I've merged your post with a thread on the same topic. Chad's answer above may help clarify things for you.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 7 of 15

How hurtful to think that message from 'chad' is helpful to someone who has been using instant deposit for years with the same card and same bank. Chad write and tells us that in order to use instant deposit u must have a debit card and bank account that match. It is insulting that u think that would be the answer we are looking for. 

Message 8 of 15

I am still having the same issue. After years of using the same card it just stopped working one Monday night 3 weeks ago. It isn't working. Square staff aren't helpful at all and I just read another guy's post where he said he was leaving Square bc his isn't working and can get no one to help. When they do answer it says nothing helpful. Just reiterates the instant deposit policy. Duh. Already know that. Eventually one person told me it was 5/3 bank's fault so I went to 5/3 and the gal said that it had nothing to do with them and that it was  Square issue. I hate getting the run around. It has to be on Square. They haven't even notified us that this is going in and I bounced checks etc and accrued insufficient funds fees bc all out of the blue with no notice my money was sitting there waiting to be deposited and it didn't work. Unacceptable when u count on being paid on a certain day then u don't. So much depends on it. And no notice from Square. This has really really messed things up for me. 

Message 9 of 15

Hi. Yes I am having the same problems with instant deposit, even though i used it since April with no problems, and I use 5/3 bank as well. When i contacted the bank they said there was no issues from their end, so i contacted square support and they said the same thing. So now I am completely lost on who is the problem with? I am very upset that i cann't get an honest answer from either side, and i am about to change to a different processing system.  

Message 10 of 15
Alumni

Hi @lbw and @Gyrokings - Really sorry for the frustration with this issue. Our engineers are aware of the problems some Sellers are having with Fifth Third bank and looking into it. We appreciate your patience as they search for a resolution.

Puka - She/They
Message 11 of 15

How long before this is resolved really considering switching to a different processor.

Message 12 of 15
Alumni

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on a resolution at the moment. In the meantime, we encourage you to do what you feel is in the best interest of your business even if it means moving away from Square products.

Puka - She/They
Message 13 of 15

Did you ever get your issue resolved? I have 2 transfers pending "investigation" since 07/27/21 and everyday i check the status it tells me the same except they move the deposit date to the following day.

I have the same card same bank I've had in the past,  nothing has changed. I had not had any problems with square in the past either. It's frustrating to read that square stated that if we feel that we need to leave square we are welcome to do so.  I am ready to do just that however... what about my money?????

I have NOT been able to contact anyone at all!

What can I do??

Message 14 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @Rtoledo2

Did you receive any emails or Dashboard notifications regarding your account? These would ask for some more information about your business. Account Services typically reaches out that way if transfers are held up and can direct you further

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 15