x

Square to Woocommerce not syncing

I am trying to sync the Square to Woocommerce inventory using the Square app on a mobile device but when a purchase has been compelted on the app, the website Woo inventory does not get updated. Purchases made from the stage site are reflected on Woo and Square, but not purchases made from the Square app itself.

I made a few test products on the staging site and then tried to purchase them via the square app. The transaction went through successfully but did not update my Woocommerce inventory on the stage site. It showed that there were no orders made and that the quantity in stock was still the same as before the purchase. 

I have manually synced both ways (which was painfully slow and took 4hrs), I was able to sync everything. I had also noticed that there are duplicate items for some of the prodcuts in the Square inventory even though the SKUs are all unique.

Another issue that I am having, is whenever I try to edit the CSV file in my square inventory and re-upload it, I get the error:

"There was an issue enabling your items. Please confirm your file includes an 'Enabled' column for all of your locations, and you map those columns correctly and try again. If you are unable to resolve your issue, please contact support for additional assistance"

I have not edited the columns whatsoever. Additionaly, when I download the "template" and then re-upload the same untouched template, I get the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Square

@GDesigns - Apologies for the delay in following up. It looks like this thread may have accidentally slipped through the cracks.  To get going, your inventory definitely should be syncing. Have you already had a chance to reach out to WooCommerce's Support Team yet? This is something they should be able to help out with. 

As for the issue with your .CSV, this definitely seems strange! Was this still happening? We may need to have you connect directly with a supporter so they can see the entirety of your spreadsheet. 

Looking forward to your reply! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 17
Square

@GDesigns - I just wanted to check in with you to make sure you were able to get this sorted out. Just let me know! If not, I'm happy to advise. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 3 of 17

I was able to update my Square inventory and for whatever reason the error is gone now.

The only issues now are with the sync functionality.

I have installed the Woocommerce-Square integration plugin on my site and have successfully, although slowly, migrated my content up to the Square server.

The issue that I am still having, is when a purchase is made on a handheld device using the Square app. When a purchase is made on the app, the item is deprecated on the Square server but not in my Woocommerce inventory. The plugin logs are not giving me any indication of errors or that a sync was attempted for the purchase making me wonder why they aren't communicating.

Order information also fails to be brought down from the Square site to my Woocommerce order reports. Are these supposed to sync as well?

Thank you for the help.

Message 4 of 17
Square

@GDesigns - Glad to hear some of the issues worked themselves out. As for your two follow-up questions, Woocommerce and Square should be syncing and staying up-to-date regardless of how an item is sold. Can you open a ticket WooCommerce to investigate for you? As for how information will sync to the WooCommerce Dashboard, I'm really not certain since it isn't something I can check for you through Square's side of the integration. Would you mind including this in your support ticket, as well. I'd love to hear the answer to this too! Thanks a for your help with this!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 5 of 17
Square

@GDesigns - Just wanted to circle back with you, did you have a chance to reach out yet? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 17

Issue was resolved. Turned out to be a conflict with a plugin.

Message 7 of 17
Square

@GDesigns - Thanks for reporting back, and I'm really sorry that this happened! We hope to hear more from you in the future, hopefully on better terms too. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Message 8 of 17

Which plugin?  We are having the same sync issue and would love to resolve it!!  We just resolved a different plug in issue and now we can not sync. 😞  Thanks in advance!!

Message 9 of 17
Square

@GDesigns, any advice on the plugin? 

Message 10 of 17

When i turned on the woo debug mode, it indicated the woocommerce services plugin (USPS shipping calculation) was causing an error. Maybe try deactivating that and resyncing. I tried it on my end and was able to sync just fine.

Message 11 of 17

Honestly it was just a mass plugin reset and it resolved it. Don't know what was the issue.

Message 12 of 17

By reset - do you mean deactivate/reactivate?

Message 13 of 17

Did you ever determine the plugin? We are having the same issue and I'd love to know the plugin cuasing the issue. Thanks.

Michael

Message 14 of 17

GDesigns - we are having the same problem - can you tell us what plugin was causing the problem?

Thanks!

Message 15 of 17
Square

Hi @BBeautifully. I believe that they removed it from My Apps on the Square Dashboard, and then re-added it. Have you already tried this? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 16 of 17

When you are editing the csv file make sure you are doing it on GOOGLE SHEET. Microsoft Excell likes to add additional markup to the file. Thats why when you upload it to woo you're getting that error. 

Hope that helps

Message 17 of 17