x

inventory import issue

trying to import inventory for the first time and keep getting the following error.

The item library requires all item variations share the same description & category. Please confirm the descriptions & category match for the following rows: [2 3

Thanks inadvance for your help

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

@naomi  - Sorry to hear about the trouble importing your items! The .CSV error messages try to point you in the right direction - but it can definitely sound like a foreign language at first glance. With out seeing your .CSV, I'd guess that in your rows 2 and 3, there are item variations that have been split between multiple categories, or you've written a different description. If you can double check those rows, you might be able to spot the issue, otherwise, I'll need to have you post a screenshot so I can take a look for you. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 4

thank you for your help.

2016-11-02.png

Message 3 of 4
Square

@naomi - Thanks for the follow up! Taking a look at your spreadsheet, since you used the same name for each of the items you created in Column B, you can't have a different description for each of them in column C. Only the first item with that name, in this case "SS," can have an item "Description."  The other fields (3C, 4C, 5C, 6C, and 7C) need to have Column C blank, or have the exact same text as 2C (in this example). If you'd like a different description, then each one of these items will need to be a different item, not just a variation of "SS." Hope this helps!  

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 4