x

IPAD Issues Square for retail

If my Ipad sits for too long in between sales, it seems to go to sleep.  But won't wake up.  I have to restart the whole ipad just to get the app to wake up.  It seems I've only had this issue since I downloaded the new retail app.  Has anyone else had this issue??  What do I need to do to fix it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @Raes2018, thanks for flagging this and sorry to hear about the disruption.

That does sound strange—you shouldn't have to completely restart your iPad when it goes into sleep mode. If you haven't had the chance already, I'd suggest giving this list of troubleshooting tips a run-through: Square App Troubleshooting.

Those usually resolve potential issues with any of our apps right away. If you're still encountering trouble after that, please let me know and we'll take another look.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

Good morning, 

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on the IPAD.  It works better, but still having issues with it every so often, still have to shut it down and turn back on in order for it to work.  

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot and circle back with your update, @Raes2018. Glad to hear it helped improve some of the performance issues—but that does sound like it shouldn't be happening on a recurring basis.

If you haven't already, I would suggest checking in with our Customer Success Team who can take a deeper look behind the scenes. Hope this clears things up completely!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4