x

Giftcard questions

Giftcards: if I want to do an incentive where a person buying a $100 gift card gets a $20 credit towards future purchases, how would I do that?

Clarification: cards can be reloaded so I shouldn't throw them away, right?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

I answered this earlier tinight but it's not showing up now.

They are reloadable.

You can load the gift card for $120.  Then apply a $20 coupon to the transaction to leave the gift card loaded at $120 and the checkout total to be $100.  I'm not by my register so I can't verify this.

Message 2 of 7
Alumni

@VanKalkerFarms, thanks for the help answering this one! @Z5pearls, does this answer your question? 

P.S. @VanKalkerFarms, I checked on our side and don't see anything out of the ordinary that would have deleted your earlier answer here. If it happens again let us know and we'll file a bug with our platform provider. Thanks! 

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

@Kpay this thread did show up in "my subscriptions" before I reposted, so the thread knew I had posted and was subsribed to the thread.  I know I answered and posted it, blame it on a glitch in The Matrix i guess :-).

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

Message 5 of 7

Thank you for responding. I totally could have missed an earlier post. I'm just now getting familiar with this aspect of Square and all that it has to offer. I will try your suggestion. Thanks again and have a wonderful day.
Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Welcome to Square @Z5pearls! Hope you have a wonderful day too 😊

Message 7 of 7