x

Question about shipping and discounts

Hi!  Not sure if I'm missing this somewhere, but I sure can't find an answer.  So when I complete an invoice for a customer and apply a discount percentage (say 15%), it pulls the 15% off of my shipping costs in addition to the product.  How do I set it so the discount only applies to the products, not the shipping?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Discount takes the % off of the whole sale.  Only way around this is to enter the discount as a $ amount.  Hope this will be a future update.  Single item or Category discount is needed.

Message 2 of 4

Hi! I’m starting to need to use this feature as I’m shipping more items in my off season. Any news on being able to add shipping to a cart without it triggering a discount already added to a cart? 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @MSotherden, thanks for checking in here.

For Online Store, discounts still can’t be applied to individual items and can only be applied to the total sale amount. We are continuing to track this feature request and looking into ways of improving the checkout experience. I don't have access to a specific timeline, but we'll certainly announce and developments as they come through.

Please keep in touch and don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4