x

List of all gift card

Hello,

Is it possible to view all the sold gift cards and their numbers? If not, can I request for a menu section to be added to view them and for easier management? I’d really like to be able to help customers who might not have their Gift Card number on hand and where transactions might be tough to lookup. I also want to be able to keep track of all gift card numbers myself.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to do this.  what I do is to export the transactions.csv from here https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/transactions.

then I sort the spreadsheet in descending order by column G which says Gift card.  then you can look at column AC which will give you the transaction link in your square database so you can view its details.

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

Back when we were using gift cards (apart from Square) it was the same way.  There was no way to check the entire list.  It goes back to what we were talking about in another thread.  If the person doesn't have the card on them, who's to say that card isn't stolen?  There's a level of security in being able to present the card.  @VanKalkerFarms is right.  The .csv file is the best way to go about it.
Since I haven't used Square's gift card, I'm not sure if this is implemented, but one of the implementations that I enjoyed with our previous company was a QR Code that they printed on the back of the card.  This allowed a customer to check their balance at any point in time without having to come into the store. 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

I would also love a simple built in method to see everything all at once!

In the meantime, super cool methods all around friends!

Right now there's no way for a Customer to look up their Card Balance on their own with Square Gift Cards, but hopefully they'll add that functionality soon!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 4