x
Beta Member

Timecard Shows Incorrect Shift Total

Our bartenders start shifts at 7:00pm and work to 2:30am - but when they clock-out, they only show 2.5 hours worked. I realize that the 5 hours that was worked from the 7-12 would appear on the previous day's report - can the system be updated to show total shift under the hours worked for that day? 

James Wilkinson
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @JPWilkinson

It sounds like you have a single days report selected, which is why this is reflecting only partial hours worked.

Switching the selected dates to reflect hours worked across two days with a custom time frame would help with this. 

For example, if my employees work from 7:00 pm 3/24 to 2:00 am 3/25, I'd want to set my timecard dates to 3/24 - 3/25 and change the time frame from "All Day" to "Custom" with the right hours for their shift (7:00pm - 2:00 am)

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

@EJ_

Hi EJ! Unfortunately, the system does not recognize the move to another day... it gives an error. If we could set the start date and time and the end date and time - this would be great. Thanks!

James Wilkinson
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@JPWilkinson That sounds strange. We might have to walk through this with you to figure out what might be happening, or to get a better understanding of this. 

Give us a call when you get a chance and we'll help figure out a workaround that can hold you over until we get something better rolled out. 

Message 4 of 4