x
Beta Member

Add Item Weight or Item Shipping Cost via API

Is there a way to add an item's weight or shipping cost via the ecommerce API? I see I can add this field if I use Square's Online Store option and add a new item that way, but if I'm building my own, can I control this field somehow?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey there @mike109 

Currently shipping and pricing by weight are feature requests. I've let our Product Team know that you too are looking for these features. 

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Thanks @Russell. Just to make sure I said it correctly/clearly, when using Square's online store tool, each item has a field that lets me add an additional shipping amount specific to that item. But if I am building my own ecommerce site with the Square API, I can't seem to find this data/field within the API for an item. So while this data exists for each catalogue item I have entered it for, I can't figure out how to access it through the API.

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 9.34.54 PM.png

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Hey again @mike109

The Square Online Store does offer some simple shipping options. We don't have an API available for shipping though. 

I recommend checking to see if there is a third party shipping company that offers a shipping calculation API. 

Message 4 of 6

did you ever figure this out?  Im trying to link ship station...

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Hi @claymayhem. I ended up just storing all the weights for the variations in my own database, as it looks like Square doesn't have this information available through their API.

Message 6 of 6