x

How do I get a list of gift cards sold?

How do I get a report that shows who boaught gift cards and what gift card # do they have?

All I have found is a summary of total dollar amount sold.

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Sign on on a computer dashboard, scroll down to Gift Cards, overview, and then choose a start date and end date.   This has showed me my gift cards, even my test one that has a $0.00 balance and the rest that added up to the outstanding balance.  I have not tried this on the other apps yet.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Hey @KeithGW,

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for bringing this up. I went to check on this and you can see the customer names associated with eGift Cards in the Transactions tab. If you click on the payment, the details on the right side of the screen will display who paid, and last four digits associated with the eGift Card. If you need to see which name was entered for the recipient, click on the last four digits of the eGift Card, and view the pop-up window.

Hope this helps clear things up. If you're still needing more details, please reply with some more information on what you need to do with this information and we'll be happy to have a closer look.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 13
Super Seller

that way requires finding the original transaction that sold the card, which is in a transaction list of over 20,000 a year is going to be impossible to find.  trying to find the right day when a customer thinks they may have bought a gift card they lost is not a way to find it efficiently.

It seems like click on gift cards menu should bring you to a list of all egift cards and Gift cards sold.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/gift-cards 

Message 3 of 13
Admin

Got it. I see what you mean, @VanKalkerFarms. I had a feeling that the current visibility in the Transactions tab would be a stretch for quickly accessing these details. Thanks for your reply—I'll document the scenario you mentioned with our Point of Sale Team and why it's important.

In the meantime, if you do need to look up eGift Card details and you are not able to find a record in your reports, the sender should have received an order confirmation email for the purchase and the recipient should have received their own email notification. Between those two emails that get sent out, hopefully they'll be able to find the information they need. Hope this helps clear up confusion for those conversations with your customers for now.

As always, thank you for your patience as we continue to work on incremental improvements.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 13

Gift cards was on my dashboard on Wednesday. It has vanished and I need it! Help!

jo@cwbookstore@gmail.com

Message 5 of 13
Super Seller

@CWBookEvents ;

From your Squaredashboard go here: 

https://squareup.com/dashboard/gift-cards

Square updated the Square Dashboard after logging in on the right side of the Square Dashboard Page it says 

Quick Access..... and EDIT    click edit and go through those things to add Gift Cards back to your dashboard

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 6 of 13
Beta Member

I need a list too! Please add this! 

Message 7 of 13
Super Seller

Best Answer

Sign on on a computer dashboard, scroll down to Gift Cards, overview, and then choose a start date and end date.   This has showed me my gift cards, even my test one that has a $0.00 balance and the rest that added up to the outstanding balance.  I have not tried this on the other apps yet.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 8 of 13

Gift cards have vanished from my dashboard, no idea way.

Message 9 of 13

This no longer works for me, even if it used to a couple of months ago. The list shows nothing, regardless of which time period and type of card I choose. The only way today to find a gift card and resend the info to the client who lost the original is to ask them when they made the purchase and the amount (hope they remember) then go to Transactions, open up the day in question, scroll to find the transaction, click on the blue highlighted item sold which will say something like Gift Card -7031 and choose the option to Resend. It will have the original email to whom the gift card was sent but there is the option to change the email if needed.

Message 10 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Nanica541,

Sorry to hear you are running into issues viewing sold gift cards. And also the suggestions above are no longer working, that is frustrating!

Is your main goal to have an easier way to re issue gift cards if someone loses it? 

I know right now the current method of re issuing the gift cards is hassle. 

Message 11 of 13

Here it is FOUR years later and still there is no good answer to your question.  I too have asked this be addressed from the very beginning  when I began to sell gift cards.  I have asked again so we shall see....

Please let me know if you have found any real solutions to this issue.

Thanks,

Denise

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @SIDL

As years have gone by our goal to protect our Sellers and their businesses has grown stronger, and for that reason, full gift card numbers are not visible on the Dashboard to protect both your business and your customers. I can see that you have been requesting this for quite some time and for this reason, I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 13