x

Feature Request: Use Appointments for reservations at bed & breakfasts or inns

Feature Request: Use Appointments for reservations at bed & breakfasts or inns

Does Square intend to develope a room reservation platform for bed & breakfast/Inns?

I own a small bed and breakfast and use Square for my POS. I wish a reservation platform was developed. The booking appointment app wont work.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Does Square intend to develope a room reservation platform for bed & breakfast/Inns?

Hey @Jpro57, we have are tracking a feature request for booking rooms and spaces on Square Appointments.

Right now I don't have a timeline I can share publicly regarding this feature. Although if anything changes I will make sure to update the thread! 😀

12 Comments

Hey @Jpro57, we have are tracking a feature request for booking rooms and spaces on Square Appointments.

Right now I don't have a timeline I can share publicly regarding this feature. Although if anything changes I will make sure to update the thread! 😀

Thanks Chad. There are 17,000 bed and breakfast and my guess is a lot would jump at Square because it's so easy to use.

Joe

Any progress on development.  I have a similar request for commercial kitchen rental. Ability to reserve time in 2 kitchens each day.

Also was looking into how to keep track of my RV Spaces and Storage Units.  ??????????   Any Updates????

Hello @diamondof5! We're still in the process of collecting feedback for this feature request. Rest assured we are monitoring this thread. 

We are about to purchase an inn with 11 rooms and I've been researching all the different online booking sites. Square is my first choice for payments and front desk ability to take swipe, chip and RFID/Apple Pay. I would love it if there was an option to use it for our Inn. The one benefit of using the more complex offerings out there, though, is that many work with so many channels (i.e. expedia, booking.com, trip advisor, etc.) to make sure you don't double book when someone books on those sites.

Please update us on your progress! Thanks!

Just want to add my vote. I would immediately be using Square Appointments if it just had a little tweaking to allow for easy booking full days and pricing by calendar days feature. Would like for Square to consider these simple changes as a temporary measure while they develop a more robust booking engine with channels.

I would love this feature as well!. 

@Jpro57 Do you do preauthorizations? If so how? I own a small hotel and people tend to walk off with our stuff (sheets, TVs, etc). 

I am also in the market for online reservation app!  I would love to be able to go with square as that is out POS system currently used.