x
Beta Member

Loyalty program - best way to offer a variable reward?

With my loyalty program once customers reach 12 stars they spin a wheel to get their reward. On the wheel is basically my menu board (1 scoop, 2 scoops, etc.) all the way up to free ice cream weekly for an entire year. What's the best way to manage this from within the program? Is there a way to add a reward manually to a customer based on what they won from their spin?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hi again @schemjo

Are you looking for a way to track the success of your wheel reward program, or are you specifically looking for a way to apply the rewards to the customer's profile - including the free ice cream per week (sounds amazing)?

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

Hi Helen, I'm looking for the latter, ways to add the reward that they won to their profile. Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Understood! If you're using Square's Loyalty program you could create a reward for this prize and then you could manually give the winner the number of stars/points that are required to earn multiples of that reward. When you manually add stars/points to the customer's profile the associated rewards will be applied to their profile. 

Alternatively, you could add a note to the customer's profile so your staff can verify that this customer has the reward (or to add when the customer has visited). To add note from the app:

1. Navigate to the Customers section.
  2. Tap on the customer's name > scroll down and tap Add Note in the notes section.

You can also view this note when a customer is added to a sale: tap the dropdown arrow and select View Customer to scroll down and view the notes.

I hope this helps! You might try both and see how they work out for you/your staff.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 8
Super Seller Alumni

I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it would work:

@Helen - Can multiple Rewards be created with the same point value?

If so, @schemjo can create separate rewards for each of the options on the wheel, all with the same point value.
When someone reaches the (10?) points needed, the employee spins the will, and then taps "Apply" next to whichever of the rewards the wheel lands on.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

Hi Helen, is there a way to add an item to a customer's reward profile? For example, customer A wins a free single scoop so I add that item (from my items list) to their redeemable rewards. The next time they come in we can look up their redeemable rewards and they can redeem it. Customer B wins a milkshake so I can add this reward to their profile. Does that make sense?

Message 6 of 8
Admin

@pessosices - Yep! You can create two (or more) rewards with the same points value. Have you run a similar program in your ice cream store?

@schemjo I know what you mean but I'm afraid there isn't a way to add an item to a customer's profile or to their rewards - outside of giving them enough points to reach a reward.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 8
Super Seller Alumni

Sweet! 

So @schemjo, would that solution work for you? Creating separate rewards for each of the options on the wheel, all with the same point value. And then when someone reaches the points needed, the employee spins the will, and then taps "Apply" next to whichever of the rewards the wheel lands on. They would need to redeem the reward during that transaction, and not save it for later, but it should work as long as the Employee Spins the wheel as only selects the reward they actually land on.

@Helen Right now we just have a single reward, Buy 12 Any Size & Get $4 off Your Next Item. But with the ability to have multiple rewards with the same Points Value, I can give them an option of a few different rewards - that's super cool and I'll definitely play around and think of some cool things I can do with that capability! Thanks for the info!!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 8 of 8