x

Is there a way to set up automatic discounts, such as for happy hours?

Is there a way to set up automatic discounts such as for happy hours that will be applied automatically during a set time frame or under any other conditions? Thanks.

Message 1 of 145
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Update: Automatic Disounts are now available for Square Point of Sale! 🎉  

So if you want to set up a happy hour or if you need to create a limited-time discount pop over to this Product Update post for details: Automatic Discounts for Square Point of Sale app or visit the Support Center for step-by-step instructions to create automatic discounts.

You can also schedule happy hours with the Square for Restaurants app. 🎉  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 141 of 145
144 REPLIES 144

Thanks for the quick response!!! This feature is going to be great for our business.

Message 127 of 145

We are eager to start using this feature.  Thought we would have it already.  Any updates? @elaine_p

Message 128 of 145
Alumni

Yes! We're currently rolling it out and I was able to add you to the group that has the feature enabled. Happy discounting! 

Message 129 of 145

This would be a huge benefit to our greenhouse and we have been asking for this feature for a while.

Is there any way we can get added?

Thanks

Message 130 of 145
Alumni

Yes! I sent a message with a little more information. 

Message 131 of 145
Beta Member

Sorry if I created confusion. I was previously beta and assumed everyone had it. I can say this it works like a charm!  Three days in and it’s flawless so far. 

Message 132 of 145

Is there any way to apply a percentage discount to a specific group of customers in a similar fashion? I offer a military/EMS discount and would like to be able to have their discount automatically apply.

Message 133 of 145
Alumni

Hi @doghouse56258 - there is not a way to do this automatically today. What you can do is set up your military/EMS discount and create a button in your point of sale checkout flow. Then when you want to give the discount, you have a shortcut to add it to the sale. If you only want to add it to certain items, you can click into the items you've added to the cart to turn it on/off as needed. 

Message 134 of 145

We've had this set up this way for a while now, I was just hoping there was a way to make it simpler. Can this be sent to product development for future consideration?

Message 135 of 145
Alumni

Absolutely @doghouse56258! I'm the product manager for discounts, so I've noted it as a feature request. I'll send a few questions over to make sure I understand how you intend it to work.

Message 136 of 145

Could you please add us too. 

Message 137 of 145
Alumni

@Amilles - I have added you. Now when you go to create discounts in dashboard, you will see the new options for auto apply. Please note that for these discounts to apply in Square Point of Sale, you will need the latest version of the app - 5.4 for Apple and Android; 2.80 for Square Register or Square Terminal. 

I've got some FAQ's and help content available here before we publish in Square's official Support content. 

Message 138 of 145
Beta Member

I don't always have time to check the threads on Square, but I would love to also have this function.  Is there a possibility of receiving an email when the function is available to all?  I don't need it until April so I don't need to be in the beta group.  Thanks for listening to us and rolling out this feature!

Message 139 of 145
Alumni

Yes @Arcnadius, we will be sending an email announcing the feature to Square Point of Sale sellers and expect we will be at 100% before April.

Message 140 of 145
Admin

Best Answer

Update: Automatic Disounts are now available for Square Point of Sale! 🎉  

So if you want to set up a happy hour or if you need to create a limited-time discount pop over to this Product Update post for details: Automatic Discounts for Square Point of Sale app or visit the Support Center for step-by-step instructions to create automatic discounts.

You can also schedule happy hours with the Square for Restaurants app. 🎉  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 141 of 145

We're setting up a "box lunch" deal so that customers can get 3 lunch items for $10. The deal will only be available from 11am - 2pm on weekdays. Is it possible to set a "schedule" for the item so that it can only be selected on weekdays from 11am - 2pm? Trying to avoid my employees accidentally ringing it up on a weekend. Thanks!
Message 142 of 145
Admin

Hello @blowfishmo!

You are able to set this up! We moved your post to this thread to you can check out Helen's Best Answer which also shares links on how to set up automatic discounts.

Let us know if you have other questions!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 143 of 145
Beta Member

Test Reply

Message 144 of 145
Square Community Moderator

Hi @smccray 👋

Are you just testing the comment box in general, or do you have a question that may not have been answered or addressed? 

Message 145 of 145