x

Christmas Promotion Ideas

I'm looking for new Christmas promotion ideas. (I'm a retail store). Previously, I have done "12 Days of Christmas Giveaways ", where each day you come in to enter to win a particular prize. I like ideas that will get people in my door on a frequent basis. 

What are your ideas?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Great post @Tritter82

I've seen a few sellers in my hometown set up a Christmas themed activation station for selfies/pictures where buyers get a 10% discount if they take a photo and post it to their social media channel. 

Also, serving hot cocoa seems to be a pretty popular thing to do for store fronts during the holiday season. 

I know a few of our seller do some fun things with this, so hopefully they can chime in with their ideas 🎄 ❄️

Message 2 of 6

Thank you! I love the idea of the selfie station. I hope some others give some ideas too. 

I just love these forums.

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

A selfie/photobooth station would be so fun! Maybe you could get some silly props to go with it? Ask folks to enter with a hashtag via Instagram, and you'll start to generate some natural word of mouth marketing through their social networks, too. 😉

As a heads up, we're hosting a Q&A next week on the topic of communicating with customers during the holidays with one of our product marketing leads. If you have questions about how to use emails/ giveaways/ coupons, etc., feel free to add them here: How to Effectively Communicate with your Customers during the Holidays

This is a fun thread - can't wait to hear more ideas!

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Here are a few things I have done.

Balloons of Savings - Blow up a bunch of balloons (with helium) and insert a slip of paper with discount or prize.  Everyone who makes a purchase gets to pop a balloon.

Ornament Smash - Same concept just with Ornaments.

Can/Cash - Bring in a food item and get a $ off your purchase.

Double Points - If you use Square loyalty you could change your star settings and give them double points during a time frame.

Bounce back Coupon - We created a business card size coupon that we give out after each sale.  

To add to the Selfie thing,  We did a Win a Harley for your Selfie with a local radio station.  They brought the Harley here for a day and people had to come in and take their selfie with the bike to register.  Anyone that came in and did it we gave them a discount.  Great promotion.

Message 5 of 6

Thanks so much for some great ideas 😊

Message 6 of 6