x

How do you track or account for paid outs?

I processed two $50.00 paid outs from my register. They reflect in the reciept printed when I end the drawer for the day but I see no tracking for this when I look at the sales summary. Based on the money in front of me and the Square report I am exactly $100 short. It says I took in X amount in cash today....but that number is exactly $100 less than what I have. It has not been stolen (before anyone suggests). How do you track or account for paid outs (other than the end o day slip pinted from the register)?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 74
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How can I view a report for payouts/payins?

Hi! Thanks for reaching out! You can view this information on the Square Dashboard under Reporting > Cash Drawers. You may need to scroll to the far right and click the "+" button to add paid in/out or even adjust the date in which you view the report. Here is what that will look like below:

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Your Sales Summary will still reflect the total amount of cash taken in, so any pay-outs in Cash Drawer Management will not be reflected there. However, if you review your cash drawer reports in your Dashboard, you'll be able to reconcile the difference. Hope that helps clarify!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 74
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @culinator! Thanks so much for clarifying. You should be able to see the exact same cash drawer reports on your dashboard that you can see on the POS app, but you are right, it does look vastly different as the  buttons may be in different places than you are used to :).

From an earlier post, you can view your cash drawer reports on Reports on your Square Dashboard. 

To view your cash drawer history:

1. Sign in to your online Square Dashboard from a computer/laptop.
  2. Click Sales from the menu on the left > then select Cash Drawers from options at the top of your screen.
  3. Click the date selector tool and select Last Year.
  4. Click a drawer session from the list to view details.

If you did a paid out/in, it will show on that cash drawer report even in the Dashboard, and will show any comments you made as to what it is related to.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 74
73 REPLIES 73

this is a useless answer.  Everyone is asking the same thing.  We should be able to pull a report of all of the individual payouts or paying over a period of time - listed by item and day - not each day individually.  This is a simple coding solution.

Message 43 of 74

Hi,

Same situation here. I am sure how to "record" it in the Drawer then view it in the Drawer Report.

However it would be very nice to be able to as you state "compile" this information. We do Farmers Markets and our end of day fee is always a cash paid out. I record it in our end of day paper report then later enter it into our accounting program manually. My interest in this issue is how to get that info into my accounting program as part of squares information download. But I realize now that as long as its cash that is impossible. So if you have found a work around for your issue could you please share? I realize this is over a year old be..what the heck..

Thank you

Message 44 of 74
Beta Member

@Helen@Spenser Any update on when this paid in/out will be making it's debut to the summary report?

Message 45 of 74
Admin

Not yet @Bar901 but thanks for checking in. We'll update this thread as soon as we have any updates to share. Appreciate your continued patience! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 46 of 74

As a CPA I agree this is a priority from an accounting standpoint.  I'm truly surprised this has not been added in the past.  At the very least allow us to download paid out transactions over a date range.

Message 47 of 74

Totally agree that we need the ability to export paid in/paid out information!

Message 48 of 74

I totally agree that we need a paid in/paid out report feature.  I would especially like to export a report that I can sort by the reason for the activity.  I currently have an owner questioning a gap between sales and actual receipts and I need to show how much came out of the till to pay bands and misc. small purchases.  Looks like I need to go through every transaction since 1/1/18!

Message 49 of 74

Any update on getting this simple line item added to reports? I should be able to print a montly report showing all sales, fees paid, paid outs, deposits, etc. 

Message 50 of 74

I totally agree as well.  A cash paid-in/out report would be extremely helpful to pull by the week, biweekly, month,  or any range of days, etc. with printing and exporting functionality.  This should be a super easy task in a report builder.  It seems there is a lot of support for this report and this would make posting tips paid out and paid out expenditures (daily, weekly, or monthly) in accounting a breeze.  Furthermore, it would be helpful to have a daily master detail report at close of day.  That would show the sales summary broken down by category, tender breakout, tax breakout (all of which are currently available in reporting), plus the cash drawer break out (starting, ending, short/over, paid outs, paid ins ... all in one report.  An at a glance report that shows and tells it all with some detail, from income, expenses, cash, credit cards, gift cards, etc, etc. No bouncing around from report to report as you need multiple screens to follow through what you're looking for from an auditing perspective.  Just one master report that tells the entire story!

Message 51 of 74

+1  I'm also a CPA trying to help a small business get their accounting back on track...and frankly I can't even charge them for the time to go through these reports because it's not their fault that Square doesn't provide this level of reporting.  I'm not sure what the difficulty would be in compiling this information so I'm curious why this hasn't been implemented?

Message 52 of 74

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is there a way to run a report specifically to see Paid In's and Paid Outs?

Does anyone have any idea on how to pull a report that shows paid in's and paid out's? I'm not able to find that option in all of my searching.  Thanks.

Message 53 of 74
Super Seller Alumni

There is no report for this.  It only shows up on the closing slip.  You can put the closing slip in your dashboard under Cash drawers.  We have this as part of our daily deposit to transfer the In/out amount into a spreadsheet for tracking.

Message 54 of 74

Not a detailed report, but you can see a cumulative total for paid outs over any given time period. In the dashboard, navigate to the cash drawer screen and select the date range you wish to view. At the far right of the screen there should be a plus sign you can click on. From there you should be able to select "paid out" to appear in the report. You can expand each day to see the paid out details. 

Message 55 of 74

1. FROM YOUR DESKTOP/LAPTOP OPEN SQUARE DASHBOARD
  2. NAVIGATE TO REPORTS BY CLICKING ON 3 BARS IN THE UPPER LEFT CORNER
  3. SCROLL DOWN TO SELECT "CASH DRAWERS"
  4. FOLLOW REMAINDER OF OP'S DIRECTIONS.

As a newer user I was a bit confused how to "navigate to the cash screen". I hope this will help others.

Your solution will work for what I am trying to do thank you for your help.

Message 56 of 74

I have a small restaurant and have many vendors and grocery stores purchases throughout the week. I use cash from the register to pay said vendors. I can complete a "payout" from the report tab on the register, however I am unable to search any old payouts I may have done. These are important for proper tax reporting. Where can I find this information?

Message 57 of 74

Hi there @culinator

I moved our post over to a board for visibility. 

Check out the "Best Answer" from @VanKalkerFarms on the best way to work with the cash Paid Outs. 

You can also, check out this article for helpful tips for searching those paid outs. 

Kassi
Message 58 of 74

The user @VanKalkerFarms has 592 answers to various questions. Can you please link directly to the particular answer you are referring to here? You only linked to the user.

Message 59 of 74

Of course! Here is a link to the one I was speaking about.

Kassi
Message 60 of 74

It would be very helpful  on the printed daily sales report if it showed pay ins/outs.

I understand i can find it other ways, but it would make life much simpler if it was just displayed on the sales report screen/printout

Message 61 of 74

Hi there, @matt68 👋 Thanks for reaching out here on the Seller Community! 

For record keeping purposes, I've merged your post with a thread of Sellers who are not only asking questions concerning the Paid In & Out feature, but also requesting this data be featured on a more formalized report. By merging these posts together, our Product Teams can keep a closer tab on the features our Sellers are asking for.

Thanks, again!

Joe
Message 62 of 74

I would also really really like to be able to see a report/list of paid-outs, especially with the paid-out descriptions. I assumed I would be able to access those descriptions easily.

Message 63 of 74