x

Can I turn off duplicate order confirmation emails to customers?

Hi, 

Our online store is set up to automatically accept all new orders. The problem is that our customers keep contacting us to ask if they were double charged because they get two emails - one confirming the order and one accepting the order. Then they get another one when I click the order "complete".

Is there a way to stop certain emails from going out? Our customers don't need to be notified that we accepted the order or that it was completed (which usually happens weeks later). 

I don't want to turn off emails completely though - then I'll get emails from everyone wondering if their order went through.

Thanks,

Kristin

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hello @Pcrew

If you've enabled the setting to 'Automatically accept all incoming orders' your customers should only receive two emails:

The first email will have the subject line "Order confirmation from [Business Name]" and they should receive that after placing an order online.

The second email will have the subject line " Order for [Item name] from [Business Name] shipped" and they should receive that when you've completed the order from your online Dashboard.

Can you reply here with the subject line of the third email they're seeing? so I can take a closer look? Thank you! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

I placed an order today and the subject line from the first email I received was "Order confirmation from XXXXX" and 3 minutes later I received another one with "Your order with XXXXXX is confirmed". Sorry for the incorrect text before with "accepted/completed". 

Either way, the second email with the almost identical text is very confusing to our customers. We are not shipping orders, so why is that second one going out?

Message 3 of 6

Hello @Pcrew, I did some testing on my own account and I see what you mean. 

The email is identical, but the subject line changes. The second emails is supposed to notify the customer that their order is ready for pick up! I agree the content could be a little clearer, so I'll go ahead and pass that feedback along to our Online Store Team! 

Message 4 of 6

I have a meal prep business where every transaction is done online ahead of time. Sometimes customers place an order & forget they did, thus resulting in them forgetting to pick-up their order when it's done. Is there a way I can set-up a confirmation email once they place an order giving them information on their order and acting as a reminder for them?

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

@DiamondDashMeal - Hey there 👋

I've moved you to this thread so you can see @Helen's post - it includes the setting that needs to be enabled so your customers can received email confirmations when their order is ready for pick up. 

I hope this helps!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6