x

What is the size of the security screw to hold ipad in square stand and where to purchase

What is the size of the security screw to hold iPad in Square Stand and where to purchase?

Message 1 of 32
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Bangthedrumbrew and @briancrow — wanted to jump in with a quick update.

The security screw drivers are on back order right now, but you can pick one up from a hardware store if you need one right away. The security screw driver is a T8H (Torx size 😎.

I wasn't able to get an ETA for when they'll start shipping again, but we'll update this thread as soon as we have any updates. Hope this helps clear things up for now, and let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Thank you so much!

Message 2 of 32

Can square send a security screwdriver that fits the screw on the register?

Message 3 of 32

I found socket bit size "TT8" fits mine perfectly.

Message 4 of 32

I Have the screw, but not the screwdriver.  Where or what can I purchase quickly that will remove the screw? thanks!

Message 5 of 32

Ok I just clicked on the link and asked for a new tool. I hope they send it. Let me know if I did the right thing.

[personal information redacted] is my email.

Thank you.

Brian

Message 6 of 32
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Bangthedrumbrew and @briancrow — wanted to jump in with a quick update.

The security screw drivers are on back order right now, but you can pick one up from a hardware store if you need one right away. The security screw driver is a T8H (Torx size 😎.

I wasn't able to get an ETA for when they'll start shipping again, but we'll update this thread as soon as we have any updates. Hope this helps clear things up for now, and let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 32
Square

@7event Check out Tom’s answer for more details on the right screw driver, but in a nutshell, the security screw driver is a T8H (Torx size 8).

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 8 of 32

Can you please send me a screw for my square register?  Please reply to [readacted personal information]

Thanks!  Ryan

Message 9 of 32
Square

@Finneganspub - Please reach out directly with your request. We'll need to confirm your address first. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 10 of 32

Imposible to Reach out Directly...I need a security screw, and I'm opening the shop next week.

I've sent two emails and havent gotten any answers

Message 11 of 32

Hello @11Degree, I can provide some clarification. 

The older version on our Square Stand comes with a security screw. This is not a standard screw, it is actually a T8H (Torx size 8). If you need one immediately you can pick one up from a local hardware store. You will need an H tool to insert it. 

If our Support Team has not followed up with you please let me know so we can get the ball rolling on this. I'll keep an eye out for your response. 

Message 12 of 32

Hi

I've reached out and I'm having the screw sent to me, I do not believe it came with my stand as my stand had this knob that just pushes in and out. My question is how can I replace that knob when I get my security screw?

Thanks

Message 13 of 32

Where can I get the lock screws?  I ordered a stand and it didn't have the screws included 

Message 14 of 32
Alumni

Hey @gerriay - Strange that wasn't included in your package. 🤔 Reach out to our Support team directly and they can help you look into it for you.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 15 of 32

@puka, is the stand suppose to come with a screw rather than just a push pin?  Mine also just came with teh push pin and I would much rather have the security screw if that is an option.  Thanks.

Message 16 of 32
Alumni

Hey @robster15 - The newer models of the stands come with a push pin so you definitely received the right equipment. Unfortunately, the screw will not fit into that model.

@gerriay if you received a newer model, this might be why you don't see any screws. If you didn't receive a push pin either then definitely reach out to Support.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 17 of 32

How can I get another star allen wrench to take my iPad out of the desktop kiosk?

Brenda

Message 18 of 32
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread

Hello Brenda @Interiorsbydesi! To remove the security screw you'll actually need a T8H (Torx size 😎 screwdriver 

Contact our team to confirm your shipping information and we can send you a kit that includes this screwdriver! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 19 of 32

What is the size of the security screw to hold ipad in square stand and where to purchase

Message 20 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Hi @7event

I've moved your post over to this existing thread. You'll want to reach out to us directly so we can send out some replacement screws. 

Message 21 of 32