x

Feature Request: Add Open Tickets feature to Square for Retail

Feature Request: Add Open Tickets feature to Square for Retail

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Is having an "Open Ticket" an option in Square for Retail?

Using Square for Retail, if  Customer #1 needs to leave the counter during a transaction, can I save or suspend their ticket while I ring up Customer #2, and then go back to complete customer #1's sale?

95 Comments

have a restaurant and a grocery/retail store combined as 1business. is there POS that supports both?

That's a great question @Dennis85

So Square for Retail and Square for Restaurants have features specific to each Point of Sale. Currently we don't have one app that encompasses all of the features from our tailored solutions. 

I think the big question will be do you need a POS with table layouts for your restaurant? 

I'd be happy to make a suggestion if you could tell me a little bit more about your want's and needs for a point of sale system.  🙂

hey there!

i replied to your question via the email i had received. it hasnt been posted here. and you probably didnt receive it.

anyways, for the restaurant, i just use the basic version and so i dont have table layouts and dont need them either. but the open tickets function is useful and i definitely need that. is there a version you recomeend where i can perform both the fucntions for retail and restaurant?

thanks

Oh yup! If you reply to the email notification it gets sent to our no-reply address. You have to sign into the community to post a comment or thread. 🙂

So if you don't need the table layout, Square for Retail might still work for you. With Square for Retail you can save a cart, which is essentially open tickets. We actually have a little video about it in Sell with the Square for Retail App.

Although the Retail App heavily relies on a bar code scanner. For example it doesn't have an item grid like the regular Point of Sale app,

I also need this functionality.  We have square for our curling club bar.  We tickets to remain open for a month.  So we absolutely need those items to be taken out of inventory immediately, so our purchasers can get a good read of what's left without haven't to do a physical inventory all the time.  Seems like common sense, that if you sell something via open ticket or invoice that it would immediately be removed from inventory.

Admin

Appreciate you taking the time to share the importance of this for your organization, @CurlGirl. Unfortunately, there aren't any built-in solutions that we're able to offer for your exact scenario right now—though I will surface your post with our Point of Sale team.

For the time being, you may want to check the App Marketplace (Items & Inventory section) to view a handful of inventory services we've partnered with. Hopefully, there's a suitable solution that helps streamline your needs. We'll definitively circle back to this thread with any other developments as they come through.

Would just like to reiterate that the open ticket feature would be an essential feature to have in square for retail.

Would just like to reiterate that the open ticket feature would be an essential feature to have in square for retail.

As a restaurant owner, this feature would be EXTREMELY useful to me. I sell on a limited stock basis. When someone orders online, the order is paid for and stock depletes. But when someone calls in an order (which isn't paid until picked up), the stock is not depleted. Leaving time for people to potentially order someone online that isn't in stock anymore. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @amnero thanks for taking the time to post this. It helps a lot to know exactly how a new feature will help our sellers out. I will be sure to surface this with our Development Team!