x

How to add payment to current Invoice with Deposit already paid?

Hello,

I am a wedding DJ and love the fact that I can send a Deposit then final Balance as the wedding gets closer. How can I add a payment as some brides want to add payments so their balance isn't so high as the wedding gets closer. The only work around I know is to create a separate invoice then "Add Payment" manually then record it so the their balance matches.

Is there another way to do this ?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Thanks for filing. As of right now, this is still a feature request, but it's in really high demand, so we are actively working on finding a better solution for you guys, our sellers. 

As far as a workaround, you are not far off from what you are doing. One thing you can do is take the extra payments outside of the invoice, like via Point of Sale, and then when it comes time to mark the invoice as paid, you can "Mark as Paid" via "Point of Sale," but this will only work if the entire remainder of the invoice is paid for on Point of Sale and not in the invoice.

I hope that makes sense! Otherwise, your current workaround will still work for you. 🙂

Also, if you have time, feel free to follow this Seller Community thread for any updates to Requesting Deposits for invoices

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2