x

Can I manage multiple businesses from the same Square account?

I have 2 home businesses can I use the same account or should I set up different accounts?

Message 1 of 80
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Absolutely! You actually have two options here, depending on your situation:
You can use one account with multiple locations, or create two separate Square accounts. 

1. By creating two "Locations" for your Square account, you can manage two businesses while just having to keep track of one username/password. Keep in mind that this option is best for a single business with multiple locations, as sales records, inventory, and other details can be tied together. Review this Support Center article for more details on how to set this up if you're interested.

2. By setting up a different Square account for each business, you can keep them distinctly separate with different usernames and passwords. Their sales records, and other data won't be tied together either. If you have two different EIN numbers, this is the best way to keep them separate (likely easier for you too).  With this option, you'll just need to log out, and then log back into the app with the correct username when switching - head here to learn more.

Hope that helps! 😊

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

Would this work if I have one card reader (my phone) but two different businesses and locations?  For example I work two days a week in a salon with one address and then I work one day a week in a barber shop with a different locations.  Is there a way I can use one appointment book and be able to book per location?  so when the client gets a reminder text or confirmation text it will reflect which location they are booked with me.

Thank you

Message 22 of 80
Square

@Kara - While you can certainly use the same Square Reader, as it's not tied to any one account, Square Appointments doesn't currently support multiple locations. It's definitely a popular feature request. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 23 of 80

What if I make an 'employee'?  For example I have Kara 1 at one location and Kara 2 assigned to the 2nd location?   That way when the confirmation texts and emails that are sent out reflect the location the employee is working at....  of that made sense. 

Message 24 of 80
Square

@Kara - It sounds like that could be a good workaround, just keep in mind that Square Appointments pricing is based on how many employees that you have. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 25 of 80
Beta Member

I only have 1 EIN number because I am a sole proprietor but I am having problems with the online site.  I have too many items and they are not showing up on the online site but they are in the editor area so I dont know what to do.  I want to know if you will allow 2 accounts even if i use the same EIN number.

Message 26 of 80
Square Community Moderator

Hi @brenda00

You can definitely have two accounts with the same EIN. 

You can also have them linked up to the same bank account as well. 

Message 27 of 80

I am looking at doing the same thing... two businesses. can I use the same email address for the both accounts?

Message 28 of 80
Admin

@Stacy2! Yes, by using Square's multiple location feature you can set up two businesses by manage them using one email address. Take a look at option 1 in Sean's Best Answer here

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 29 of 80

I get that there can be multiple locations under one log in BUT I want 2 completely seperate businesses under one log in.  Everything will be differnet - location, name, EIN #, bank account etc.  From what I see the separate location is more for one business that has multiple locations not for comletely seperate businesses - or am I missing something?

If I am correct is there an option for completely seperate businesses with just one log in?

Message 30 of 80
Alumni

Hi @tperez225 - I recommend opening a second account. There's currently no way to add all that separate information (EIN, bank, etc) for a separate business under one login account. This will make things much easier to track, especially around tax season! 

Message 31 of 80

I will be needing to start a separate account.  My only question that is NOT answered in the article is whether or not the SAME email can be used for both accounts.  I don't want to have to sign up for a second gmail account for the second Square account.  Can I use the same email for both?

Message 32 of 80

Using two locations.. does that allow the use of two different logos and "sent from" information?

Message 33 of 80

@Coco2biz you've got it! 

Each location will have it's own name and receipt that you can customize. 

Message 34 of 80

Thank you for your help!! 🙂

Message 35 of 80

Yes! This has helped, thank you!

Message 36 of 80

Hi Sean,

we work with artists who sell merch in several countries, but our hardware square and our Square account seem to refuse purchases? Really problematic, we had to refuse sales all night and the tour continues.

thanks for your help

Message 37 of 80

Hi, 

We have multiple providers in our location that want to sell their own products.  Here are our challenges:

1.  if a customer buys 1 product from one seller, 1 product from another seller...we want them to be able to have 1 transaction and the finances and inventory be recorded to each seller

2.  We don't want the main business to be the one receiving all the money and then parceling it out to the sellers.  We had trouble with this with our accountant where it put us in a different tax bracket looking like all the income was ours.  I'm not sure if he just set this up wrong?

3.  Essentially just the who pays for the product?  how is it recorded? and how is the money parcelled to the right person?

Any help is much appreciated!

Amanda

Message 38 of 80

Hello @flywithme - Welcome to our Seller Community! 😃

Great question! With Square, you can manage multiple locations including linked locations and transfer options, per-location item libraries, device management for security, and premium multi-location reports (all in one Square account).

However, in Square, we cannot use one account where you can separate each person's finances per product. You can set up various locations with different bank accounts where each product sold can go to but for tax purposes, It’s not possible for a Square account to be connected to more than one tax entity at a time. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 39 of 80

Okay so the answer is no then, correct? You cannot invoice within the SAME square account for two SEPARATE businesses? For example, under my LLC I have (2) DBA's. Same EIN, of course, but I have them setup as (2) projects. Can I not do (2) separate invoice designs (different business name, email, logo, etc) within the same square account?

Message 40 of 80

Hey there @hyslipfamilyllc 

At this time, you are able to create Invoices and Invoices Designs (requires Invoices Plus to customize design beyond logo) for every location you have in your Square Account.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 41 of 80

I would like to add a second bank account for a separate business. Is that possible on the same device?
Message 42 of 80