x

Email from sending invoices keep bouncing back

Hi all,

Is anyone else having trouble sending out invoices due to the emails bouncing back? I keep getting a notification that it's not a valid address.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

Hey @ricktakagi - Sorry to hear about the issues! Are all of your Invoices bouncing back or just one particular address?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 8

It's just a couple of different email addresses. I know that the addresses are correct but they keep getting kicked back for some reason. 

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

Hm, it's possible that the customers' spam filters are blocking the email from going through. I would have them check to make sure that they have invoicing@messaging.squareup.com whitelisted within their filters. If that doesn't help, let me know and we can continue investigating together.

Puka - She/They
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

I sent six invoices today and two of them bounced. However, they are addresses are know are good because I have them in my address book and have exchanged email with them in the past.

In fact, I was able to get the invoices to them by sending them to myself and then forwarding on to the email address I originally used. But, this looks bad and their receipt ends up going to me and also has to be forwarded.

[fletcher]

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

Hey @fletc3her - Were you able to try out my suggestion above? If you were able to send the Invoice using your email address, then it definitely sounds like your customers' email filters are blocking "invoicing@messaging.squareup.com".

If you're still having issues, reach out to our CS team who can help you take a closer look to make sure everything is good to go on our end.

Puka - She/They
Message 6 of 8

A customer’s email address works fine when I use it, but Square has repeatedly returned an invoice I sent to them, telling me that it is an incorrect email address.  I forwarded a copy of the invoice via my email, but I would like clarification. Any ideas?

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

I have this same problem!

Message 8 of 8