x

[SOLVED] I am in Canada, the activation process is forcing me to put in US information

I just need someone to tell me how to register / activate my account. It is forcing me to put US information in for the activation process.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Square

So sorry to hear! It sounds like your browser might be sending you to the US site. You can find the Canadian activation form here.

Please comment if you run into any other general issues! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 22

Your link is still sending me to the US verification page.

Message 3 of 22

I tried this on different browsers (Edge, Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari.) And the only thing that I can see differently is that it goes from asking for a zip code to a postal code, but it still wants a zip code, I can't use letters for my address information.

Message 4 of 22
Square

Just tested out the link again, and it led me to the Canadian activation page. It sounds like something might be going on with your browser. At this point, I'd suggest downloading the Square Register app and activating an account that way.

Sean
he/him/his
Message 5 of 22

I've downloaded the app, the app is navigating me to US registration information, I have tried several browsers on three different computers. And have had no success.

Message 6 of 22
Square

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble but thanks for trying all of those steps. You should be able to manually adjust the country by selecting the country drop down and choosing Canada. 

Message 7 of 22

Hey Kelly, I've grabbed a screen for you, I ensured during the creation process that I had selected Canada. and I was still re-directed to this page.

Now when I log in I am forced to resume at this same page.

issue.JPG

Message 8 of 22
Square

@Thyssyk That screenshot isn't loading for me but I'll shoot you a private message and we can get this taken care of ASAP. 

Message 9 of 22

The isusue is resolved now, thank you Kelly.

Message 10 of 22

I'm having the same problem. I'm in Canada and its asking for a us postal code. 

Message 11 of 22
Square

@debracross - Sorry to hear about the trouble! It sounds like your browser might be localizing the wrong site! You can access the activation page for Canada by visiting this page, or you can just download the Square Register app and get started that way. Hope this helps!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 12 of 22

i tried through the app on my phone, same problem. I tried this link as well, but it asks if I want to resume and takes me to the same place. If I try the start over option, it says I can't because I already have an account in that email. 

Message 13 of 22
Square

@debracross - You'll need to reach out directly so a supporter can manually free up your email address. If you have another email address, you can use that in the meantime. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 14 of 22

ok thank you

Message 15 of 22

I just re-registered...works fine now.

Message 16 of 22

How did you fix the issue?

Message 17 of 22
Alumni

Hey @Twbc - If you're experiencing the same problem, go ahead and reach out to our Support team and they can walk you through any next steps to resolve.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 18 of 22

i am having the same issue, what was the resolution?

Message 19 of 22
Alumni

It sounds like you are creating a US-based account, @GamesWest.

I recommend starting on this page, where we provide instructions. Notice that in the URL, you'll see CA instead of US. There's also a special addendum on the signup link: squareup.com/ca

Please contact our team directly if you continue to run into troubles, or let me know here!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 20 of 22

I have the same issue

Message 21 of 22