x

Can I link my Appointments calendar to iCal or book on specific days?

Can I link my Appointments calendar to iCal or book on specific days?

Hi, I'm new to appointments and was wondering if it can also link with ICal?  I prefer that over google calendar.  Also, is there a way to set up scheduling for specific dates only?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Appointments

@KBarnes66 - Welcome to the Seller Community, and to Square Appointments. We're excited to have you on board! 

To get going, would you mind sharing what email client you use with your iCal? Are you using an iCloud email account? We currently only have a direct link with Gmail calendars. Having said that, Apple's iCal app supports gmail accounts. If you sync a gmail account through the Square Dashboard and through iCal - it would work! 

For your second question, Square Appointments is designed with the intention of having a general calendar be avilable. Having said that, you could use the override hours feature to open available outside your schedule for indivdual staff members. If you check out Tom's Product Update thread, you'll find more details about how to set this up. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Verified Answer

Re: Sync external calendars with Appointments calendar on Square

Hey there! Appointments Google Calendar Sync does enable you to import your Google Calendar events in such a way that they block off the time in your Appointments calendar.

What this means is that if you have an event from 12-1 on your imported Google Calendar, and that event is set to "Show me as Busy", your customers will not be able to book an appointment from 12-1 using your online booking site. There is currently no way to disable booking over blocked off time from the merchant-facing Calendar page.

75 Comments
Square

@SakuraBG - If you linked your gmail account to your iCal, that would work. Right now, Gmail is our only integration. 😀

Square

@KBarnes66 - Welcome to the Seller Community, and to Square Appointments. We're excited to have you on board! 

To get going, would you mind sharing what email client you use with your iCal? Are you using an iCloud email account? We currently only have a direct link with Gmail calendars. Having said that, Apple's iCal app supports gmail accounts. If you sync a gmail account through the Square Dashboard and through iCal - it would work! 

For your second question, Square Appointments is designed with the intention of having a general calendar be avilable. Having said that, you could use the override hours feature to open available outside your schedule for indivdual staff members. If you check out Tom's Product Update thread, you'll find more details about how to set this up. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Can I hook my existing iPhone calendars to Square's calendar and populate? 

Square

Hi @FirstGlass, I merged your question with this post - see Sean's answer on the topic!

Please offer Exchange / Outlook support.  Thisis the only thing keeping me from signing up for Appointments.  

I book appointments for my barber through the square appointments scheduling link he has. Is there a way to move these appointments directly after booking through a square app of some sort or do i need to manually do it every time?

Alumni

Hey @bigflave!

You can learn how to sync personal calendars with the Appointments calendar within our Support Center

Let us know if you have any further questions. Happy New Year! 🎊

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "feature request in Appointments: ical sync and view settings" The author has been notified via email.

Feature Request for Appointments:

There should be an option to integrate an ical calendar in addition to a google calendar.

And I would really, really like to see different view options so that I can see my whole day in one screen. When I get to appointments (which already takes several clicks, after logging in to square). I want to be able to see the whole day - not just from 7am-10am. 

Thank you for taking these requests into consideration!

I agree, we need to be able to instantly view the entire day's schedule without scrolling. 

Why do you only allow calendar syncing for google? It is ridiculous to assume that this is the ONLY calendar that a business would use. At a minimum, you should be able to download an ICS file to sync with Mac or Outlook. What are you thinking?