x

How do I remove no tip option while on tipping screen

Hi,

i would like like to know if we can remove “no tip” option from square pos, because most of tourist customers are not aware of tipping policies and often does not leaves tips. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hi @Garymulchandani - Unfortunately, there isn't a way to remove the option to not tip. You might try a big sign stating your tipping policies next to you set up. 

I'll be sure to add this as a feature request to our team though!

Message 2 of 9

Hello, I agree, this is very important.  The NO TIP can actually be the 'custom tip' if the customer want to remove the tips or let us pre-se the % of the tip and they can change to NO TIP if they want. 

UNFORTUTELY SQUARE has 0 tip as  pre-set, non changeable, already which makes it easier for customers to give NO tips., its hard enough to hire employees nowadays, with low tips almost impossible.  I have seen other platforms that at least you can choose to highlight the % tip you want and then the customer has the option of changing.  Example: Square NO TIP, 15% , 18% 20%  ... there is no way for us to have 15% highlighted and then the customer can change to NOT TIP if they want. Other restaurant platforms:  Restaurant chooses which % of tip is pre-set e.g. highlighted and the if the customer wants they can change to another % or no tip. 

Any way Square for Restaurants can implement that?

Message 3 of 9
Beta Member

What about utilizing the service charge to add an auto-gratuity? You can set it as a percentage without tax and it shows on your sales report as a separate item that isn't part of your net sales. It does require you to add the service charge to each transaction, but it prevents the customer skipping the tip. Then just turn the tipping function off, or leave it on in case the customer wants to leave more than the auto-tip.

IMG_178CEA4C9F8C-1.jpeg

Do be aware, if you're running square on an older iPad, the service charges aren't available. When you set up services charges, you will see a message if any of your devices aren't compatible.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 4.01.26 PM.png

Message 4 of 9

Hello! Is there a way you can set this up or if this will be a feature that might be coming in a future update?

Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @peterartist522,

Thanks for writing back into the Seller Community! 

At this time this is still a feature request. We'll be sure to share an update in this thread to notify you of any news 👍

Message 6 of 9

Hi, is there any update on this? It would be a huge quality of life upgrade for the industry to have the ability to remove "no tip" or just move it to the "custom tip" selection. 

Message 7 of 9

We saw a decrease of 5% in tips after switching to square. Can you make it possible so there's not a no tip button, but just a "custom tip" button where the user can enter in 0.00?

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @dfxx

Being able to have only the custom tip option for your tipping would be a Feature Request. You can create custom percentages for your tipping, but only have custom isn't an option. 

I would suggest adding this to the Ideate Board as a Feature Request and other sellers can add their voice too.

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9