x

Feature Request: Schedule multiple staff for single appointment

Beta Member

Feature Request: Schedule multiple staff for single appointment

[Note: the title of this thread has been edited by a moderator for clarity.]

Hello. I'm wondering how I can set up scheduling couples massages? I need to be able to have two employees selected when they choose this appointment type. I've tried explaining to a customer the steps to take to schedule two appointments for the same time with two different therapists but this showed to be too inconvenient and they said they'd rather just call in. 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Derrick

1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: checking out client with multiple providers

Hey @Skp, welcome to the seller community!

I went to check on this request and the ability to process separate sales for each provider on one ticket isn't available at this time. Thank you for showing why this feature is important for your spa.

For now, you'll need to process each service separately to make sure the proper employee gets credit. Appreciate your patience as we make improvements based on seller feedback!

131 Comments

This seems like a popular feature request.  I have a small recording studio with a service that requires both an engineer and a director attend a recording session.  I'd like to be able to schedule them both without having to inconvenience my clients with two notifications per session (one for each service provider.)

Admin

Copy that, @dfwactor. Thank you for sharing — I will flag your experience with our Product Liaison team as well! Appreciate your patience.

Great point..

I'd like to add my voice to those who are requesting the ability to assign more than one staff to a single booking in Appointments.

Not only would this help schedule actual staff members, but it would also allow a business to schedule the use of limited equipment or other resources. For example, a salon with just two tanning beds could create a schedule for each one as if it were a staff member. This could be a way to ensure that a tanning bed session could not be booked for a time when both were already assigned to appointments.

If anyone has a workaround, I'd be happy to hear it. But since the other threads I see about mulitple staff are a year old or more and haven't been resolved yet, I assume this post will just have to serve as another request for now.

Admin

This post was created from a merged thread with the original title of "Limited resources and multiple staff with Appointments."

Thanks for taking the time to share this, @DaoDeJing.

While we don't have any updates on this request, rest assured that I'll be surfacing your post with our Product Liaison team, who is always working on improvements based on seller feedback.

Keep an eye on this thread and please don't hesitate to reply with any other questions or insight.

I run a cleaning business and for large houses or for very intense cleanings, we need to schedule 2-3 team members for some appointments.  I was hoping this would be a feature your service had to offer.  It seems many other businesses could also use this as well.  Have there been any updates, or are there any expected soon?

Admin

Thanks for checking in @tclcleaningserv. I don't have any updates for you I'm afraid and I'll share your interest in this with the Appointments team.

If group scheduling for employees or staff is available in future we'll update this thread. You can subscribe to this thread (click "Subscribe" at the top of the page), that way you'll receive an email when this post is updated.

Has the system been updated yet to do couples' services? Valentine's day is next month!

It's a bummer you all still haven't figured out the coding to update the system for this. Not only is this critical for many businesses, it can be a deal breaker with continuing to use this service, especially when there are other options available.

I second that.  We're starting to build out our second store location and looking for a different scheduling system since Square has yet to address this issue.