x

Feature Request: "Mark as Shipped" option and a space to add tracking number to paid Invoices

Feature Request: "Mark as Shipped" option and a space to add tracking number to paid Invoices

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Invoice Feature Suggestion

I would like to suggest a feature for invoices that is already available for website orders. We currently have the ability to keep up with the progress of our website orders, add tracking numbers for shipments, etc. I do most of my business through invoicing, so unfortunately I do not have the ability to do any of these things. Would it be possible to apply the same features to the invoice tab on the app?  

4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: "Mark as Shipped" option and a space to add tracking number to paid I

PLEASE add this feature to invoices. It's ridiculous to have to e-mail our customers separate from the invoice to inform them of their shipping and tracking info, and not be able to see myself the same information from the invoice itself.

Similarly, why can't we create shipping labels for invoices? I'm really hoping we're just overlooking the obvious here. Instead, we've had to create a hidden page for our store and, for every invoice, log into that hidden page, put in a bogus order for "Shipping Label", then go to Square Online (Weebly), to create the label. That's a TON of extra and disconnected steps, not to mention the need to even set up the additional page, fake item, etc.

I really don't understand how features like this (a) don't exist and (b) take an inexcusable amount of time to implement.

Verified Answer

Re: Item shipped option on invoice

If you are using a Square Online website to allow customers to purchase items from you online, you are able to mark orders as ready for pickup or mark as shipped, @alfoster163.

It isn't possible to take these actions using Square Invoices. If something changes, we'll update this thread!

Verified Answer

Re: adding shipping cost

You are correct that there isn’t a specific shipping option and that you have to enter shipping as a line item. Hopefully this will be fixed quickly. 

For the the time being, for wholesale discounting, you can have line item discounts. From the dashboard, click on the customize link (if the screen doesn’t pop up immediately when you enter the item) and manually add the discount here. For the Point of Sale or Invoices app, you can tap on the item and scroll down to add a discount. This does add some time for invoice creation versus one discount at the end, but this way your shipping isn’t discounted. 

Verified Answer

Re: Where can I add flat rate shipping to invoice?

There isn't a native way to do this yet, unfortunately.

What I do for flat rate shipping is have an item named Shipping with a variable price. I add this to the invoice when needed.

136 Comments
Square

@ccorona - This is definitely a popular feature request. There are definitely opportunities to enrich the invoice experience in-app. While I can't share any sort of timeline, we're always releasing improvements. We'll let you know if this feature is introduced in the future! 

HI!  Offering the "mark as paid" feature on devices would be a miraculous improvement.  We're very new to square and hoping to enjoy the square experience completely within the app.   (That being said, we'd love to be able to manage inventory numbers within the app as well.)

Thank you for considering and thank you for making such a great product! 

I wish this had been mentioned to me as a workaround from the Square team, but I was able to manage my invoices, including "Mark as Paid" by logging into my account via Chrome on Android and just bypass the native app altogether.  The formatting of the information on the screen is crowded but at least I can access all the functions for invoices.

It's too bad that the app is not basically functional which forces one to almost ignore the app completely.

I tried to find the "More" option on my invoice to mark it paid and cannot find it. Can you elaborate how to mark an invoice as paid without first sending it to a customer, making it look as if they owe you more money?

Hello, hmmm, I was trying to make sure I understand your question.  My original question and the workaround I found only relate to invoices that I've already sent to my clients.  My frustration was just that you can't mark an invoice that was already sent as "Paid" from the Android app.

I'm not sure on how to mark in invoice that was not sent as "Paid".  If I'm missing something, feel free to respond again. Thanks. 

Square

Happy to follow-up, @ccorona. Here's my suggestion as a workaround. When creating the invoice, select "Share Invoice Manually." This will insure an automatic email is not sent to the customer. Create the Invoice, but don't share the link. Mark the Invoice as paid. This should do the trick! 

Screen_Shot_2017-03-23_at_12_05_44_PM.jpg

Beta Member

This functionality definitely needs to be added to the app. It's ridiculous that I have to login to a web version to mark an item paid!

Admin

Hey @hudson2001, thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I will be sure to surface your post to our Product Liaison team as well. Please keep in touch for updates and we'll certainly update this thread with any other developments.

How can I mark an invoice as "shipped" or flag it? Once an invoice is paid I ship it and I would love to be able to track which have been shipped since many of my customers are overseas and need to be invoiced vs just ordering online.

I wish i could help more with regard to shipping related issues. My business is purely service-based so I never need to do shipping. I would definitely recommend you create a new thread or just address it to someone who knows this more. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.