Scholar

What cookies does a weebly website use

Hi.

Been looking for this for weeks, support tickets, community everything.. cant seem to get a answer

what cookies does weebly use ??

we need to add this info to the privacy policy ??

25th GDPR is nearly here and we have got clients asking for info that we dont have.. surely weebly should have a blanket cookie list of what cookies they use and what info they collect ??

12 REPLIES
Employee Moderator

Re: What cookies does a weebly website use

Hi there. I'm not sure what the full list is, only that we will be compliant by Friday. I know this answer is really vague and probably not what you are looking for. Smiley Sad Did you already submit a ticket to the policy team? 

Scholar

hi @Bernadette yes i emailed the policy team - no reply yet Smiley Sad

Curator

The problem with only being compliant as the service provider on May 25 is that we will have no way of ensuring our own sites are GDPR compliant by the same date. This needs to be addressed within the next 24 hours at a minimum. The legislation has been pending for 2 years. Let's get on with this. I need to install and test the new cookie policy affirmative opt-in to ensure it is working. It is unacceptable that we are being delayed with vague promises until the actual date enforcement begins.

Inventor

It's now 26 May 2018

Given there is no way Weebly is compliant with GDPR with respect to cookies, maybe you could now provide a reply to the original question so that people can make alternative arrangements for the insertion of cookie banners that work.

Standard practice is to list all cookies and precisely what they are used for - distinguishing between those which are essential to all LEGAL functionality (i.e. what Weebly MUST do not what it wants to do) and those which are optional

Scholar

How many Weebly Cookies on each Website?

I have 3 websites online at present. 

Two of these websites (one with only 7 pages) have 14 first class cookies, and no third class cookies, according to 

http://www.cookie-checker.com

The other website has only 2 first class cookies (130 pages), and no third class cookies.

I really don't understand, because first class cookies are apparently set by the site (weebly) itself !!!

Scholar

How do I contact the Policy Team as a matter of urgency please?

Employee Moderator

Hi @ClareC. If you submit a ticket to support with your GDPR question the agent can escalate to policy for you. 

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us

Scholar

Hi Bernadette - therein lies the problem - I've been submitting support tickets since March this year and have not got a response that answers my question yet (just standard auto responses referring me to the Privacy Policy which doesn't help), hence I came on here to try and raise the profile.  

Scholar

If someone could escalate to policy for me (which I've been requesting since March), I'd be most grateful as I'm getting rather weary now!