x

Not picking up my reader or redeeming the link I was given for free transactions when signing up.

Hello, when connected into my iPhone, it does not pick up the reader at all. It is like it is not connected, not picked up when online or on the app. How do I solve this problem? Also, I heard about square through a friend and she gave me a link for free transactions. I selected the link in an email but it’s not redeeming it in the app or online. It just takes me to a set up page but doesn’t do anything.  I would like to start using square for my customers right away, thanks in advance!! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

What reader do you have?  What phone do you have? 

You can see your referral and free processing here.

Message 2 of 9

I am using an iPhone 5s with a white square reader that reads magstrips. 

I’m not looking for my link to give out, someone gave me their link when they told me about Square and I signed up. I’m looking for how to redeem my 1000 free transactions . 

I really need help please, I have craft fair event Friday evening and it is imperative I have this up and running. Thanks!! 

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Hey @Stitchqueen17 - If you signed up directly through the referral link given to you, the free processing should automatically apply to your account. Since it sounds like that isn't the case, contact our Support team directly and they can take a look at your account for you to see what happened.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 9

I wrote to the support team over the weekend, haven’t heard anything back. That’s why I am asking here. 

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

Hey @Stitchqueen17 - just seeing this.

It looks like our Support Team has been in touch with you a few times by email since you last posted. I hope everything was able to get sorted out. 

Please let us know if you still need help. 

Message 6 of 9

They did, Drew was fantastic! He was a huge help and answered all of my questions.

Message 7 of 9
Alumni

Glad to hear it! We'll let him know you sang his praises. 🎉

Message 8 of 9
Super Seller

The link I gave you will also show your free processing status and how much you have used it.  Also, it is $1,000 in transactions of free processing, not 1,000 free transactions or $1,000 free transaction fees.

Message 9 of 9