x

Appointments feature urgently needed! Default display to current day, even if no openings.

When a customer goes to make a booking, if there are no openings left on the current day Appointments will instead display the next upcoming day with open availability. Unfortunately, when a calendar pops up many customers assume the current day is being shown by default (a very reasonable assumption). The way the calendar and date are colored and formatted, it is very easy for someone to not realize that the displayed openings are for a date in the future.

So whenever I am closed or am fully booked for the day, I will often get multiple customers showing up for the same time slot. One of them has the true booking, while the others booked for a future date by mistake because the Appointments page made them think the opening they selected was for the current day.

Many customers take time off work and travel far specifically to come to my business, so it is extremely frustrating for them to have wasted such effort, and they blame me for having a poorly designed website and/or a broken or unreliable booking system.

Plese allow us to change Appointments so that it will default to display the current day!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Thanks for this feedback @DaoDeJing! I'm not as familiar with appointments, so I'm chatting with some of our appointments experts to see if they have any suggested work arounds. I'm also passing this request along to our Appointments team. 

How would you ultimately envision a fix to this problem you're encountering? 

Message 2 of 6

If the calendar simply defaulted to showing the current day, even if it had no availability, that would eliminate the confusion. Perhaps add a phrase such as "please select an alternate date above" or something would help as well.

Changing the “no openings remaining” phrase to add “for day selected” or similar could be another solution.

Message 3 of 6

Once again I had a group of people show up for the wrong time. They thought their appointment was for today, because they assumed the online booking calendar defaults to showing today (instead of jumping ahead to display the next day with open availability).

So I had 12 people show up. Twelve people who had taken time off work or otherwise arranged their day to come to my business. And I could not accomodate them.

It seems like it'd be such a simple thing, to have the calendar just show the current day rather than jumping ahead confusingly. But instead my business is made to look incompetent. This happens several times a month.

Please change this.

Message 4 of 6

Did you finally manage to find a workaround for this? I am having same issue after they pushed new update

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @NDNY -

Welcome to the Community! Appreciate you taking the time to post looking for an update on this Appointments feature. 

So it looks like you're working with the Appointments (Free) version on your account. Some of these settings will be limited in that version.

From what I can tell this would still be a feature request, so I am going to suggest posting this on our Ideate Board for Square Appointments. When more information becomes available one of our Community Moderators will update the status to keep you in the loop. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6