x
Alumni

Meet a Super Seller: Ryanwanner

Happy Holidays Seller Community! I'm very excited to bring more holiday cheer by introducing our newest Super Seller @ryanwanner. Ryan has been in the cafe + coffee business for a while and has some great insights on what goes in to running a business.  Read on to pick up some tips! 

Tell us a little about your business.

R&R Coffee Cafe is located in Black Forest, Colorado, which is a little north of Colorado Springs. We have a craft coffee roasterie, a from-scratch bakery, and a cafe focusing on breakfast and lunch featuring locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. Our store has become the community gathering place of our area, and we support multiple community events through the year. (Ask us about our entry in the Outhouse Race! 🙂

When did you start using Square?

We started using Square about 7 years ago. Originally, our store was in a 950 square foot space, and paper tickets were more than enough. We knew then we were going to continue to grow (we're now in a 3300 sq.ft. location!), and we needed to better optimize our register system. Of all the iPad-based point of sales we looked at, we liked the ease of use of Square the most.

What do you know now that you wish you would have known on day 1 of starting your business?

Two things, really: first, the quip "you can never have enough money to start a business" is completely and utterly correct. If I had to do it over again, I would have held off until I could have doubled my investment funding. Those first years were tremendously difficult. Second, you can't do this yourself. You have to have a support structure in place: from fellow business owners you can lean on for advice to accountants that seem like they charge way too much for what they do (but in actuality they're worth their weight in gold), everyone who is willing to help in some way, shape, or form is helpful. That said, your business is still your vision: don't let them take you off of your plan.

What questions can you help with in the community?

I've been using the Square software since its infancy. I have been able to figure out tweaks for things that aren't available yet (custom reporting is your BEST FRIEND), and have been able to learn to live with the deficiencies with the current Online Store setup. Basically, all the random things. 🙂

What's your favorite discussion topic?

For me, I feel that a general topic would be anything that Square does that can vastly help any small business succeed. As an example, the customer database is beyond any CRM that I've seen in the corporate world, and it's available to small businesses at a fraction of the cost that it would cost with third party systems. Square's ecosystem has progressed so far beyond that little headphone jack swiper, and I think that explaining this to the majority of the sellers who only use Square to process cards can be the most helpful.

Can't wait to see you share knowledge with other sellers!

37830866_10156540410572118_3362702162881675264_n.jpg

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Awesome all around!

So great to have you on the team!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2