x

Can I split a deposit into two separate bank accounts? Mine and my employers?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Alumni

Not at this time. One deposit goes into one bank account, which you'll then need to divide.

But it's a great request that I'm happy to bring up with the team.

Message 2 of 19

Yes splitting a deposit would be very helpful for distributing taxes & tips!

Message 3 of 19

This feature would be so helpful for those self-employed individuals  to put away part of their income to make their estimated tax payments as their income is earned.

Message 4 of 19

I agree. If you can split it, it would make it easy for people to put money away for taxes.

Message 5 of 19

Any update to this? Since Square doesn't pay our sales taxes it would be really helpful for that ammount to be placed in another accout. Far too easy as a small biz owner to accidentally spend money earmarked for one thing on another and then find themselves short.

Message 6 of 19

Hello @PintSeeker, this isn't on our road map right now, but we are still tracking feedback on this thread. 🙂

Message 7 of 19

Put it into the next sprint along with allowing employees to split up their auto deposits into multiple accounts. Both are pretty standard payroll biz practices. 

Message 8 of 19

@SaltFireBrewing we can get a separate thread started for that feature request, since that would be something for Square Payroll. If you start the thread and give us some examples of how you'd like to see it implemented, we will move it to the feature request board so we can track the requests.  

This thread is about multiple bank accounts for one location. 

Message 9 of 19

This is a feature that should be a no brainer. We need the options to deposit sales tax revenue into a seperate account. Payroll companies have allowed employees to split deposits for years. It surely can't be that difficult to allow split deposits. Please add this feature! 🙂 

Message 10 of 19

Having the ability to split a transaction into sales deposit and sales tax would be a very beneficial feature.

Message 11 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here in support of this feature, @Keith23! We've noted it! We will continue to update this thread with new updates as they come down the pipeline.

Thanks for your patience! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 19
Beta Member

This is exactly what I need and I really hope it gets some traction!

Message 13 of 19

Really, not trying to be sarcastic but clearly, there's interest in this ability since 2016... It's 2019, please don't just put this on your road map, make it happen, please? Unless of course you're trying to mitigate alternatives to the capital option by allowing your same lending clients to rake their own percentage into a separate holding account instead of you guys making money on loaning the same way...seems reasonable and obvious and I pray I'm wrong!!! Please prove I'm very wrong and show me how I can rake a % into a separate account to save my funds instead of loan, payback by the same rake, but pay you guys through your Capital a huge fee...which is still awesome and useful, but please add this % Rake so we can save some too... Thank you!!!

Message 14 of 19

Add us to the list of businesses that need this feature. Splitting a sale into multiple deposits allows for comissions. Please add a feature to pay comissions using zelle or paypal or direct deposit/ach.

Message 15 of 19

Same here. How is this not implemented yet? And why? 

Message 16 of 19
Admin

Hey @Imag3

We want to meet the needs and requests of our sellers, so perhaps this is something we may be able to make available in the future. I can see how this would be useful to businesses that have more than one owner or otherwise. We will post an update in this thread when we have one. Thank you for your patience. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 17 of 19

So this has been asked for since 2016 and hasn’t been implemented yet? Even though every payroll company but yours offers it? Oh jeeze. 

Message 18 of 19

I agree.  I've been asking for this for years.

I can't tell you how many self-employed's get into deep water because they can't save their sales and income taxes in another account.  they just see the big # and go WOW I'm really raking it in until the tax man comes......

Message 19 of 19