x
Super Seller

My Story Using Square - My Girlfriend's Wardrobe, Consignment Store

My name is Alexandria and I own My Girlfriend's Wardrobe which is an online + brick and mortar consignment store for women. We carry designer and name brand clothing, shoes, handbags, and accessories. You can check out our website at www.mygirlfriendswardrobe.net. I started using Square because I needed a way to accept credit cards while at events with our mobile store we occasionally break out. I fell in love with the ease of use and have really enjoyed most of their new features. 

Since I have a consignment store, 99% of my items I have just one of. There are a few retail items I carry which I keep saved in the items screen. Everything else I sell I add at the time of the sale. The new + button is great for me since it adds items directly into my current sale. I love their tickets feature because it allows me to get items ready to go home with customers while they continue to shop. I've created categories for my items (tops, designer handbags, etc) which really helps me know my business better. The category feature allows me to print reports by any date range which is great. It allows me to see what my best sellers are during any time period so I can always be prepared.

Currently I use the Square stand, marketing features, card reader, feedback (free version) and their reports via the dashboard. Their reports are some of the best for a free POS app and I've had many places try to steal me away from Square but they can't beat the rates AND give me the same report tools. 

One of the challenges I face are exchanges. I have been recommending this feature for almost 4 years now and while it doesn't happen often for me I wish there was an easier way to do an exchange for an item without having to create a $0 item and add that to the sale of the new item that says exchange of xxx, then edit my day to day sales reports for the item that was exchanged. 

website-logo.png14732326_1506484999367646_1274484477880733161_n.jpg

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

👍

Message 2 of 12

How do you input customers items? Is there a way to look at one particular consigner and see what all items they have there etc... I'm opening a womens consignment here in the next few months and have looked at square as well as ricochet but really wanted to use square. Thanks 

Message 3 of 12
Alumni

Tagging @ConsignConnect to see if they have a solution for this as well. There's a good group of consigners on the Seller Community @Rebecca11. Welcome!

Message 4 of 12
Super Seller

I use ricochet with Square. 

I add all items in ricochet, export into a CSV, and then import into Square when I add new items. Then every morning I just mark the items I sold the prior day as sold thru the POS button on ricochet. Bit more work BUT ricochet doesn't have all of the reports I want and neither does Square. Using them together works very well and IMO the extra works makes up for having the reports I do.

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 5 of 12

Thanks! I may have more questions down the road, thanks for your help! 

Message 6 of 12
Beta Member

We've been successfully sending items to Square via the Api for about three weeks now and been retrieving sales from Square via the API for more than a week and now. Almost finished tying up some loose ends and I will post on here that 30 day free demo access will be available. Rose by Consignor Connect is almost ready!!! 

Message 7 of 12

Did you discover a way to allow your vendors access to seeing what their sales were throughout the month 

Message 8 of 12
Super Seller

My inventory software system does allow this which is great. I use ricochet consignment software

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 9 of 12
Beta Member

Our consignment software that integrates with Square, allows for consignors to login to a portal and see their amount due, sold items, payout history, etc. Let me know if you'd like to get on our beta test.

Message 10 of 12
Super Seller

Hi there! Since this thread is all about how I use Square for my business I think it would be great if we could not promote other companies that I don't use. 

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 11 of 12
Beta Member

Sorry, I found my way into this thread because Square tagged me as a Square merchant had a question regarding the use of Square for consignment and Square thought I may be able to answer the question. We own three consignment stores and we use Square as well. Apologies for hijacking your thread.

Message 12 of 12