x

Is there a way for square register to have an X or Z report

Is there any way to incorporate an x or z report? My cashiers when switching shifts continuously forget to select the times that they start their shift and when they end it, and our reports are always inaccurate and have to always go back to correct them. Also we have had numerous times where a cashier might have a sale at example 4:01 pm and a new cashier takes over right away and also has a sale at 4:01, so when they close their drawer at night it will include both transactions instead of just the one from the night cashier.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can anyone recommend an end of day reporting (z reports) software provider?

I have been searching for some time for an app or software that is set up to automate end of day reporting for my employees outside of using an excel spreadsheet. Does anyone have something they use that they would recommend?

Message 2 of 20
Super Seller Alumni

Why don't you just use the "Sales Summary" in the dashboard or "Sales" report on the app?  If you are looking for a drawer ballance report make sure you have cash management turned on in your app and you are opening and closing the drawer.

Message 3 of 20

I use that to pull numbers but I want something to put the data into. I use an outside gift card app and a few other things so it'd be great to put that info in so my employees know how much cash to pull out of the drawer.

Message 4 of 20
Super Seller Alumni

You could create use Google Sheets.  Drop the data into it and have it calculate what you need.  Would take a bit of setup based on what you are looking for but duable.  All browser based so you staff could have easy access to it.

Message 5 of 20
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Customizing the Z-out drawer report

Can i edit the Z-out end of day report to show all sales, not just cash. all other POS's have a standard z-out with gross and net sales, broken down by pymt. method, less payouts and refunds, etc. 

thanks 

Message 6 of 20
Super Seller Alumni

Using Square Point of Sale app - In the app go to Menu/reports/sales.  This will give you the information you are looking for.  You can also pull this via the dashboard.

Message 7 of 20

Hey @Paul123, currently you cannot edit the automatic reports, but @RHatch brought up a great point. All of this information can be accessed from the Reports Tab or the Square Dashboard.

If you still have questions let me know! 😀

Message 8 of 20

Chad  Do you know if I can get a Z report and a tip report using the terminal?  Thanks Mr. Bill's Fine Foods

Message 9 of 20

Yes, this is SOOOOOOOOO needed.  I cannot comprehend how after all these years that the total drawer report does not contain CHECKS RECEIVED in the total so the count can be accurate.  OR give us the ability to edit the payment methods accepted and combine cash and checks on the same button.

Message 10 of 20

Using our "old" register, we used to do a "Z-out" every week in order to reset the drawer.  Is there a similar way to do this with Square, or is the best way to "end drawer"?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hey @TheIceCenter,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller asked about Z reports.

There's not a way to do this with ours so ending the drawer is gonna be your only option.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 20

Do you know if the Terminal can do a Z  and Tip report each day?  Thanks Mr. Bill's Fine Foods

Message 13 of 20
Admin

@SportwayofBrown It sounds like you're looking for a way to ensure that your cashiers hours match up with the cash drawer reports? You can view cash drawer reports from the Point of Sale app throughout the day, and have a report emailed you automatically

I can see how it would be useful to be able to have a cashier end their shift and automatically end the drawer at the same time, and I'll share that request with the team. I'll keep an eye out for any advice shared by other sellers too.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 14 of 20

I want to purchase more square registers, its just I cant commit if there is no solution to closing out sales for each cashier that works our register.

Message 15 of 20

Please, please, please create Z report capability for the registers! We have multiple shifts in a day and need to know the tip total for each shift in order to fairly calculate tips for our team. Currently, we're having to subtract the tips reported on the sales report at shift change from the total tips reported at the end of the day. This is cumbersome and leaves so much room for error. Also, the employees who are closing don't actually know how much they made in tips b/c it's a total for the day, rather than for their shift. Also, it would be helpful if cash sales could be reported as $0 if there were no cash sales, rather than "Cash" just not showing up on the report. Also, employees don't need to know (or probably care) about category counts on their registers, so a streamlined Z report, wouldn't need any of this information. Management can pull sales reports from the Dashboard to verify that information. Many thanks!

Message 16 of 20

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: End of shift reports

We will be using Cash only sales, no credit cards.  We have 2 shifts daily.  What I need to know is will it be possible to print a report (Z out) at the end of each shift as to the amount taken in for that shift? AND to start with a 0 sale balance on the 2nd shift for that day.   We will be using an ipad with a cash drawer and printer.  Can this also be done without paying the addtional fee per employee?

Thank you

Message 17 of 20

Hello @dmearn

I think you would be interested in Cash Drawer Management. You can set the default starting amount to $0 dollars, but if you start with cash in the drawer it's going to be impossible to reconcile. We recommend always entering the actual amount in the drawer when you start the drawer report. 

You can use Cash Drawer Management without Employee Management, but your employees will be able to access every facet of the app. 

Message 18 of 20

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Z Report to Account for Payouts

Among the many reasons a Z Report is needed for Square is so that payouts can be accounted for in the total deposit for a register. I understand the drawer report shows payouts, but you have to manually subtract that amount from your total sales in order to get your actual deposit. With a Z Report, the payout amount could be included on the report and subtracted from the total sales amount so the deposits would be accurate and the accounting would be clear. Thanks!

Message 19 of 20
Alumni

It looks like you already found this thread, @Unionmarketrva!

I'm moving your post here so that you can receive a notification if a new post is added here. This would currently be considered a feature request, but we'll be sure to update this thread if anything changes in the future.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 20 of 20