x

Detailed transaction report with DISCOUNT details

How can i view details on our discounts. Specifically i am needing to generate a report that shows every discount by item. For example i need to be able to see how many cups of coffee were applied a certain discount AND the total $ amount of that specific discount code was applied to those cups of coffee. All i am currently able to see is the aggregated total of each discount category for a specified time frame but can't find a way to view the transaction details of discounts in a report.

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

The only thing I know of is to Export Transaction Item Summary csv file.  This will show you the item and the $ discount taken.  It will not show you the code or name of the discount. 

You can filter down to the item you are looking at before you export the file.  

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

The only thing I know of is to Export Transaction Item Summary csv file.  This will show you the item and the $ discount taken.  It will not show you the code or name of the discount. 

You can filter down to the item you are looking at before you export the file.  

Message 2 of 11

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Filter Receipts" The author has been notified via email.

Can I sort out transactions to view receipts where a certain discount was used? Specifically, I want to sort transactions by discount, and I can't figure out how. 

Message 3 of 11

I have this need too.  Our Marketing department is asking to know how much sales can be attributed to each specific discount.  I can see the total amount discounted for each, but I'm not seeing any way to see the total sales for each.  I have tried exporting transaction information, but the specific discount used is not in the export.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thank you

Message 4 of 11

Hello @jamesr, unfortunately we don't have a report to show the total amount of sales for a specific discount. This would be a feature request for Square Point of Sale. 

Message 5 of 11

We also need to have an itemized report for specific discount codes. Will this happen any time soon?

Message 6 of 11
Admin

@pfeller

From your Square Dashboard if you go to your Reports tab, and select Discounts, you should be able to see all the discount codes you've used over specific time periods.  

Are you looking for a different kind of report than this?

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 7 of 11
Beta Member

This comment was created by merging the thread "How to create Item Sales Report that lists specific Discount Applied".

I see how to create Transaction reports that show the item sales and discount amount, but not the discount name/type.  I can also create an Item Sales report that gives specific items and an amount discounted, but the specific discount applied.

We have created a few different discounts that will discount the exact same amount, and I need to see what discount type was applied to specific transactions, not just the amount.

Help?

Message 8 of 11

Hello @Lindstra

I went ahead and merged your thread with this one since this question has been asked before. Currently we do not have a report that displays the discounts by name. I will make sure to share this feedback with our Reporting Team. 

Message 9 of 11

Hi @Chad 

I am in need of a report that shows the discount code used. Were you able to submit the request with your reporting team by chance? Square is known for great reporting, but it would be even better if we could select the detail type that we need rather than being stuck with generic info.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @surfcityusa! Welcome to the Community.

Our Product Team tracks requests from right here on the Community so rest assured that your feedback is visible! 

There's more information here about how Feature Requests work if you're interested in the process and hopefully this will be something we can implement in the future. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 11