x
Beta Member

Square for Retail - New Feature Roundup

I feel it is unacceptable to pay $60 a month for Square Retail when all I need is to enter item costs. Entering cost of goods is a VERY BASIC part of inventory management!! From what I can see the Square Retail app is the same as the regular app but with a black bacground and the ability to cost of goods, which should have been there already. I tried Intrakr but was VERY unimpressed. Not only was it not quick and easy to use but you can not print reports. Does anyone have any other app suggetions or maybe a differant POS possibly, one that include entering cost?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hey @Dh222,

Sorry to hear that Square for Retail is not working out for you. There are a few other features of Retail that are not available to the Square Point of Sale app besides just COGS reporting such as vendor management, purchase orders, and barcode label printing/creation. You can expect more in the future as we continue to track feature requests from other users. We recommend checking all of our current features out if you haven't already, but if you find that you don't have a need for them then we totally understand your difficulty in justifying the cost. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions off the top of my head for other apps or POS systems that will fit your needs, but hopefully other sellers are able to chime in with more information.

We would happy for you to stick around, but we also encourage you to do what you feel is in the best interest of your business even if it means it's not with us. We wish you success in whatever you decide! 

Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions. 🙂

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 2