x

Can you send the same invoice to multiple customers?

Can you send the same invoice to multiple customers?

I tried to send the same invoice to nine customers, but I find the option less intuitive than PayPal's methods. It appears that one invoice was generated, and one customer was billed, and the remaining 8 were cc'ed. When you choose this option with PayPal, each customer email address receives its own bill with its own invoice number. Am I missing something? Thanks.

69 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing @DeWieken

Feedback and business need descriptions help our Invoice Team understand how this would help you form day to day, so it's good to see there would be multiple use cases for a batch invoice feature. 

We'll keep advocating for you all and hopefully we can re-prioritize batch invoices and get something rolled out to help in the near future. Keep an eye out for updates! 

Can anyone tell me if we can send an invoice to multiple email addresses?  For example, I am billing a company and they want the invoice sent to 3 different people.

Super Seller

Currently, There is not a way to add multiple email addresses to a client. 

Same request for batch invoicing here too.  I run a nonprofit with annual membership dues and having to manually clone an invoice for each member rather than be able to import an email list literally takes hours.  A batch-processing option would take a couple of minutes!

This lack of user friendliness may drive us to switch back to PayPal.  If enough people do this it amounts to significant money lost for Square...seems like the functionality update would be worth your time and bottom line!

+1 for this ability for annual dues (we have >1,000 members). 

It's been almost three years since this was requested - doesn't look promising to be implemented (would be happy to be proven wrong).

Aside from Paypal whcih was mentioned in previous posts (most recently by SWCHR), does anyone use another app from the marketplace that does this? 

Admin

Thanks for your post @drdaz and for sharing how this would help you and your business — it's really useful feedback for the Invoices team.

I took a look and if you use the Jobber integration with Square you can send batch invoices that way. If any other sellers have used the Jobber integration we'd love to hear what you think about it! 

I would also like to request the ability to batch invoice from an email list or csv file.  We are a non-profit sports club with yearly membership fees for about 400 plus people.  Each of our leagues has slightly different pricing.  I will check out Jobber, but please pass along support for the ability to import a batch list of customers.   

Unbelievable - this basic functionality was requested years ago, and is still not available. What a waste of our time to re-enter the same invoice for hundreds of customers. Square is clearly not customer focused.

Another voice for being able to create a batch of invoices. We are a club planning a trip. Each member will have to make four payments on a schedule. It will be much more efficient to create all of the invoices at once. I can visualize a way to do this: create a list of customers with a tickbox next to each name; tick the box and send an invoice to each. I'm a college professor; we have a functionality like this in our class rosters: we can send an email to the whole class or to selected members. Couldn't this be similar?

We've been using Square for a while for in-person sales, but we are working on a webstore where people can purchase online (we are using Big Commerce). We are using Square for the credit card sales.

We are taking pre-orders for products, and when we get enough we will produce them. What I want to do is charge a small deposit on the site, and then charge the rest when we produce. Is there a good way to use Square's invoice feature to send all of these customers invoices for the remaining amount? Specifically, is there a way to do that without porting over 500 email addresses?

Thanks.