x

The dock for the chip reader has a cord THAT IS NOT DETACHABLE!

I got the chip reader and the dock. the dock has a permanent cord attached - I can not remove it while on display for customers or clients to use. This irritates the life out of me because we are "wireless" and in NONE of the pictures does the CORD show - I also financed in 3 payments and can not return just the dock. I want to keep the chip reader, I do not want the dock - UNLESS there is a dock out there that has a cord that can detaach, I did not know they evenmade devices nowadays with permanent cords

What do I do now?? I do not use the dock to charge the reader, I use it for stability while payments are being made.

Also for the look - 

BUT THAT CORD- any suggestions??>??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

the cord is not detachable, you are correct.  there isn't a dock that is made that doesn't have a cord.  It talks about the long cord and plugging it in with a pic of a USB adapter. you could cut it off flush but that would obviously void the warranty.  I don't know if they could allow a return of the dock alone but you could contact them to find out.

The pics I agree don't show the cord but neither do the POS systems like the Square stand as most people route the cords down thru the countertop.  I do see how it could be better to be a detachable cord, but I never thought about it till now.

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 10.38.40 AM.png

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

That would be pretty cool for a Second Generation Dock - to have a built in battery so it could be wireless and keep the Reader charged for a long period of time - and have a detachable wire to recharge it or keep it plugged in.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

That's a great idea.  plenty of room in there to sneak a few lithium-ion batteries could probably make the thing last 3 times as long easily.  and make sure on the second iteration that taking it apart isn't a magic act to get the reader out, and a way to reset it in the dock.

Message 4 of 4