x

How do I track employee sales?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can I have a user ID requirement per transaction?]

Hello.

I would like to require a user ID to be entered for each transaction so I can track who took the money for each transaction (multiple cashiers - one station).

It is like a copier code. You go to the copier but before you can make a copy you have to enter a 4 digit ID.

Can I do that with Teams?

Can I do that at all?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 269
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @chlp!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Yes, with Team Management Plus you can track employee sales. They will type in a 4-digit code when taking a sale, so that payment will then be associated with their name. Then you can run reports based on employee, and when you're viewing transactions, you'll be able to see which employee took the sale. 

Here is a bit more information on Team Management Plus and how to subscribe. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 238 of 269
268 REPLIES 268
Square

@ddwplumbing - If you need one ASAP, it's probably the best options. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 85 of 269

I am sorry to say that I am also still wainting for my device!

Message 86 of 269
Square

@LetaHawkAuthor @davidtin @LCS - Sorry to hear about the hold up! It sounds like they may have been misplaced in transit. Feel free to order another online or pick one up at a retail parter

@Ern - They're $10.00 in the store, as well as a redemption code. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 87 of 269

My square came in the mail and I misplaced it before I was able to use it. I purchased a new one but I cannot register it because it recognizes my email as associated with the lost reader.  How do I replace the new reader using my email address? 

Message 88 of 269
Square

@LFW - Sorry to hear about the trouble! To get going, Square Readers are not tied to one particular account - they're universal. It sounds like the issue may be that you're trying to create a new account, as opposed to signing into the app with the account that you already have. Please try using the "Sign In" button (as opposed to Create Account). This should do the trick. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 89 of 269

My square reader has not shown up in the mail yet. Dd you mail it to my P.O. Box?

Message 90 of 269
Square

@Iolani - It typically takes 10 days for the reader to arrive, but it can occasionally take a little bit longer. Since it has now been more than 10 days, the reader may have been lost in transit. If you need a reader immediately, you can purchase one at a local retailer. While readers cost $10 at retail stores, you’ll find a $10 redemption code within the packaging, which you can enter at Squareup.com/redeem. Note that you can redeem only one redemption code per Square account.

You can also order a new free reader by visiting your online Dashboard. You’ll receive an email confirmation as soon as it’s shipped. Square Readers are not linked to any specific account holder or bank account, and they don’t need to be activated. Your personal information will not be compromised if your reader is lost, stolen, or shared between Square accounts.

Sean
he/him/his
Message 91 of 269

I got an email about getting the EMV reader. Im not going to order it until they tell me where my 7 OTHER ORDERS for regular magstrip readers are. I know they are free, but I ordered them on 7 seprarate occasions and I have the tracking numbers for all of them.  All of them are "Tendered to USPS Compton, CA US" and none of them have arrived. I just filled out another support ticket, the first one was utterly usless. Why would I order an EMV reader when the free ones cant even be delivered? Then I check the support center and see a bunch of posts like yours and I am so glad I didnt buy anything! Did they ever sort this out for you? 

Message 92 of 269

At this point I've ordered 3 free readers through square and they have never arrived.  I just ordered another, we'll see.  I'm pretty convinced that the reason they don't get shipped out is because of the option to just use the app=additional  fees for square.  At this point it should be considered a civil class law suit.  My point, don't offer to mail it if your not going to send it.  Bad business practice.

Message 93 of 269
Square

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I moved your post to the existing thread on this topic. Browse the replies here for more info, thanks!

Message 94 of 269

I ordered a reader last week but have not received it and need it this Saturday what can I do

Message 95 of 269
Admin

Sorry for the late reply @Yi!

I've moved your post here, please see George's best answer for the next steps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 96 of 269

I ordered my reader on 7/12/17 and have not received it. Where is it?

Message 97 of 269
Alumni

Hi @LadyMuddog - I'm really sorry that you didn't receive the Magstripe reader as expected. Take a look @George's Best Answer for ways to get a new one.  

Message 98 of 269

Its been 2 weeks and no reader.  DHL tracking number does not work and DHL delivery stopped 6 days ago in North Carolina.  Says does not know when will be delivered?  So I ordered another one.  Reading here, it sounds like this is an ongoing problem.  I need my reader 

Message 99 of 269

They'll just tell you to order another one, or else go pick one up at Staples for $10, and you'll get some kind of reimbursement voucher or something like that. I think I ordered three times before I actually got one.

Message 100 of 269

My square reader shows it was sent April 3, but I have not received it yet

Message 101 of 269
Alumni

Hey @Cathit - In that case, I recommend reaching out to our CS team who can check on your order for you and advise on any next steps. Sorry to hear it hasn't showed up yet!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 102 of 269

I ordered my chip reader FOREVER ago. Said they would ship out in March.. Still not here?? 

Message 103 of 269
Square Community Moderator

Hello!  

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Unfortunately we can’t address your account or order specific issues here in the community, as it’s a public forum. 

Reach out to our Support Team and they'll be able to track down your order for you. 

Message 104 of 269

My chip reader said it was sent on April 3 but I have still not received it

Message 105 of 269