x

Payments received through WooCommerce are not showing up in my Square account

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: WooCommerce Problem

I recently began using the WooCommerce plug in on my website and intergrated it with Square.  For some reason, the payments received through WooCommerce are not showing up in my Square account so I can deposit them in my bank account.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much for the help,

Amy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Hi @autumncreek!

First thing to check is in the WooCommerce plugin. Go to Settings, then Integration.

Make sure Woo is connected to Square (if it is, you may want to disconnect, then reconnect to make sure), then check that the right location is listed below the connect button.

If those are both correct, your funds should be deposited into whatever account that location has for a deposit account in Square. Check the dashboard (accounts & settings -> account -> bank accounts) to make sure that's set correctly.

After that, if there's still a problem, you may need to reach out to Woo itself for additional support. I'm also going to tag @Woo_Phil in case he has any other ideas.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 7
Partner

Hey @autumncreek - When you go to the WooCommerce > Orders tab and click on one of these orders, does it say the status is "Processing" or "Completed"? If so, then take a look at the order notes on the right-hand side of the page. In the Order Notes, you should see a notice saying:

Square charge complete (Charge ID: 123abc)

In the above example "123abc" will be an actual charge ID from Square. If you don't see that information, it means that Square is not processing these transactions. 

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your help - this is what it says at the top of the transaction but I am not seeing the funds show up either in Square or my bank account.

Payment via Credit card (Square) (I deleted the code here). Paid on December 7, 2018 @ 2:36 pm. Customer IP: (I deleted the number here).

Thanks,

Amy

Message 4 of 7
Partner

The information I mentioned is on the right-hand side of that screen. Under the section called "Order Notes".

If you see the information there that I mentioned in my last message, then you can contact Square support with that ID and they are locate the payment for you. 

Message 5 of 7

It is not there so what would I need to do next?  Contact Square regardless I assume?

Thanks,

Amy

Message 6 of 7
Partner

If you don't see the text I mentioned in my earlier reply: Square charge complete (Charge ID: 123abc)
In the Order Notes section, then it means that Square either did not process the transaction for you, or something prevent Square from reporting the transaction results to your site.

I'm not able to help much on these forums as we would need access to your site, so I would recommend going to:
https://woocommerce.com/my-account/create-a-ticket/

From there select the Square plugin to open a ticket with our team. In an effort to provide faster service, when you are creating the ticket, please also add us as a new Admin user on your site. Use the email address 

woologin@woocommerce.com

You can use www.quickforget.com to share the password for that account with us in your ticket. Just make sure to set the Quick Forget link to not expire for 3 or 4 days in case we have to reference it again.

Edit: The above information is assuming that you are using the WooCommerce Square plugin made by us (https://woocommerce.com/products/square/?aff=10486&cid=1131038). If you are using a third-party Square plugin, you would need to contact that developer directly for help. 

Message 7 of 7