x

Does Square offer recurring payments (subscriptions)?

I want to know when will you start automatic reacquiring debit system in place?

Message 1 of 115
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi Everyone 👋

Good news! We recently launched a feature that will allow sellers to offer subscriptions using Square Online Checkout

Take a look at this product update for more information. Alternatively, you can also use recurring invoices with Square. 

Please note that the membership functionality through Square Online Store still does not have a recurring payment option. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 105 of 115
114 REPLIES 114

Yes, we have a math & reading center and lot of our students pays their tuition by credit card each month. Every month we have to manually enter each card number and process the charge. Is there a way where we can enter their card number with the Square payment systemso that it's processed automatically each month.

There are other companies which does this but the cost factor is too high. Thank you

Message 2 of 115

How do I set up a service for reoccurring credit card charges

Message 3 of 115
Alumni

Please see the info above!

Message 4 of 115

How do I the same charge amount weekly to same customer charge card automatically

Message 5 of 115
Alumni

Please see the info above!

Message 6 of 115

Hi!, what about if the customer wants to replace the CC saved?

Message 7 of 115
Square Community Moderator

Hi @jmelendez 

If your customer wishes to change the payment card they have on file for a recurring invoice subscription, you'll need to either resend an emailed invoice so they can add the new card on their end, or they'll need to provide you the new card to add to their customer profile. 

Message 8 of 115

I run a business which requires a nonrefundable deposit in order to confirm an appointment. This deposit would be made over the phone.

Is there anyway to put a hold for the deposit amount and then after the appointment, releasing the hold and swiping the card for the total amount owed (including the deposit). Thereby saving me the one plus percent square charges for manually entered information versus swiping the card.
Message 9 of 115
Alumni

We don't support deposits in the Square app, but we know it's important to you and many other sellers and we're currently working on the feature. Great question!

Message 10 of 115

I am also interested in being able to setup recurring monthly payments through Square/Square appointments as a membership fee.

Message 11 of 115
Square

@audroma Thanks for your feedback! Check out the info above. 

Message 12 of 115

Same here. I offer membership options to my clients, and it's a pain in the rear, writing little notes on their appointments to remind them to pay.

Message 13 of 115

Can you set up a subscrition for reocurring billing?

Message 14 of 115

I would love to be able to charge an amount on the register and go to my customers profiles with their usual card info stored so I could just have them sign at the end and not have to have them give me their card and put it thru the reader every time....or perhaps just go to the customers profile and charge them from there from a card saved on file..I wasnt able to figure this out after messing around and searching online for a while. Thanks!

Message 15 of 115
Square

@ponk3 Check out this thread. 😀

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 16 of 115
Square

Great question! 

While Square doesn't currently offer subscription, recurring payments, or storing customer payment cards - these are some of our top requested features, and we're actively building a solution. 😉

While I can't offer a concrete timeline for these features, but I wanted to let you know that I hear you, and we're on it! I will be sure to update this thread if anything changes on this front. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 17 of 115

Thank you

Message 18 of 115

I am also interested in this feature. Especially since it is costing me extra $$ in services charges to manually enter the cc number each month.

Message 19 of 115
Square

Great news everyone - we listened, and this feature is available now! I know this will be a huge time saver for a ton of our sellers!

To get started, recurring payments comes in two parts: saving a Card on File and creating a Recurring Invoices.  The Card on File portion allows you to save a customer's card for future billing. While the Recurring Invoices feature allows you to schedule repeating invoices. Together, you can automate recurring billing.

For step by step instructions, please check out this product update that details these features.  Also, you can check out more details on our Support Center. Please feel free to post any follow up questions you might have in this thread! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 20 of 115

I don't want to send an invoice every month to church members. They want to simply be able to sign up and have the same amount of money be donated each month for a year or any other amount of time that they set. Is that possible? Can they, for instance, set it up so they can donate $100 on the 5th day of the month for 16 months? The ability to set amount, date, and frequency would be super helpful.

Message 21 of 115