x

USB Epson TM-T82ii

Hi everyone, Do i need a router or modem to connect Epson TM-T82ii usb to the square stand?

Or just buy the square stand and the USB printer and connect them via USB hub and that's it ?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Cactusleather,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community!

If you're getting a Square Stand, the Epson printer will plug stright into the USB hub that the Stand comes with. The printer is also able to connected to a modem/router via an ethernet cable as an alternative, however if you have a Stand the USB connection is the best way to go 👍.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Cactusleather,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community!

If you're getting a Square Stand, the Epson printer will plug stright into the USB hub that the Stand comes with. The printer is also able to connected to a modem/router via an ethernet cable as an alternative, however if you have a Stand the USB connection is the best way to go 👍.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 7

Thanks for your help.🙏👍

Message 3 of 7

@Seamus, can the USB Epson TM-T82ii be connected to an iPad via a powered or unpowered USB hub if you don't have the Square stand? 

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Hey @PeterB666,

Thanks for getting in touch!

There's a slight chance it could work, but most likely not - the only USB hub we've tested as compatible with this kind of setup is the one on Square Stand.

Note that if this model of printer can switch between USB and Ethernet modes - so if plugging the printer into your modem and connecting it to Square via your Wifi network is also an option, you could test with your USB hub then use the printer as a Wifi printer if that did not work.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 7

Hi

I have the Epson TMT82ii and square stand, but when I plug in the USB it says USB not supported. 

How do I fix this?

thanks

Message 6 of 7
Square

Hi Busy2018 and welcome to the Seller Community!

The printer you have can be used in either USB or Ethernet mode - if it's set to Ethernet mode, you'll see that error even if you have the USB cable connected correctly.

Take a look at this article in our Support Centre for the steps to check it's in the right mode. 

If you're still having trouble after following the steps above, please give us a call on 1800 760 137 and we can troubleshoot further!

Victoria
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 7