x

Unable to charge "no-show"/cancelation fee for Appointments not booked online in Appointments app

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Problem with charging "no-show"/cancelation fee for appointments not booked online"

So I'm new to square and I've been working on getting things set up for my barbering business. I am having trouble being able to charge a client my "no show" fee on an appointment I booked for them. When the appointment is booked online I am given the option to charge when marking them as a no show, but when I click the button to mark as a no show on the appointment I book it doesn't give the option to charge. Keep in mind, this client does have a card on file and agreed to have it held for this charge. What do I need to do to be able to charge for appointments that I book?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Stacegood - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I'm going to consult with Square Appointments team on this one to get the best answer for you. I'll reach back out to you here once I gather more info!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

Hi there again, @Stacegood - Thank you for your patience 🙏

Could you confirm whether you ate attempting to create these appointments from the app or online through your Square Dashboard?

The Appointments team let me know that, "If the Seller is creating the appointments manually, they will need to do so from the Dashboard, as the app does not have the capability to create an appointment with no show protection."

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 3 of 9

I am trying to create the appointments via the app. If this is not a feature through the app, I would imagine I'm not the only person who would like to see this feature added!

Message 4 of 9

Hi @Stacegood - Were you able to do this successfully from the Dashboard?

Violet
Message 5 of 9

I had to log-in via my browser on my phone (where I run  everything from) and do it that way. It's a work-around for now I suppose. Definitely not very convenient since I have the app, but I guess it will work for now. How can we, the users, propose ideas such as feature additions?

Message 6 of 9

@Stacegood - I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post  from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input.

Violet
Message 7 of 9

I have clients booking themselves through my square website and it’s still not taking the no show fee ! 

Message 8 of 9

this is happening to a ton of people we know using the service. $80 a month for square plus thousands a year in no show losses. were looking for something better. customer service has not helped on my end. I hope you can get sorted out. 

Message 9 of 9