x

How to set up invoice and record sales for cash paying customers who don't have email.

I have older customers who pay cash and do not have an email. How would I create an invoice for them and also have the sale record on square?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Hi Annawalton59,

One option for working with customers who don't have email and prefer to pay cash is to create an invoice using Word or Excel.  You can then record the transaction as Cash either through your Square Account Dashboard or Square's POS App.  I'm thinking you could create a generic item and use the Note field to annotate what the transaction was for.  Most likely some of the other volunteer Community Members ideas too as there is always more than one way to figure out a process.  It's just whats works for you.

Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

Hello @annawalton59 !

What I have done in cases like this is to actually use my store's email address when setting up the client. When you create the invoice, you have the option to deliver the invoice manually instead of sending it via email. That way you don't litter your mailbox with invoices. You can always download the PDF of the invoice and print it out for your customer if they want a copy. The only issue I've found with this is that if you ever use the merge feature on your customer database, make sure you're not merging all the clients with your email address into one big mess.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 3 of 4

I don't have a store email, just my business email. great advice!

Message 4 of 4