x
Beta Member

Square Online Tips, where do they go?

I own a restaurant and we use Square online for food orders.  The tips are tracked via untracked Team Members. But I am a little confused on the tips and where they go.

If any team member marks the food ready and such, does the tip automatically go anywhere? Or does it always remain with the untracked for tip pooling/ distribution?  Or with the team member that marks it ready? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @duffymahoney, I am happy to assist! If your employees are using Team Plus and their four-digit code after each sale it will track the payment. You can view it in your Team Sales report on the Dashboard. Does that answer your question? I hope so! 

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Did you read my post?  I am asking about online sales tips and how they allocated

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @duffymahoney 👋

This is a great question, and I will reach out to the team to confirm.

Just so I know we are on the same page, I see for in-dining rules, you have tips setup to be Tip Directly. This means Transaction tips are attributed to the team member who collected the tip. However, the tips in question are ones from orders that customers place themselves on your Square Online website? 

If this is not what you are looking for, please let me know. Otherwise, I will update this thread as soon as I have more information to share. 

Thanks in advance for your patience while we gather the correct information for you. 😊

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Bernadettea, i have the same question.  Tips from ONLINE SALES appear to go "unassigned" to the waitresses working, so i have to manually distribute.  is there a setting that can automate this?  Can i set the ONLINE TIPS to go to a separate individual whose job is to package and handle the transactions?

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Any info? Respones? 

Message 6 of 7

Having the same issue. Been on hold and transferred to several departments. No one seems to understand this issue when I talk to someone 

Message 7 of 7