x
Beta Member

I want to print out sequentially numbered receipts from POS.

Currently Square POS assigns random alphanumeric receipt ID'swhen I print customer sales receipts on POS. I want to have sequential numbered receipts to print to customers from POS. First customer of the year 2024-00001, second customer,2024-00002 etc. I have a parking lot and want to tally my vehicles daily, monthly, yearly. It would deter employee's from printing fake receipts or duplicate receipts. Please advise.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @greezball.  Currently, there is no mechanism in Square to allow this.  While it IS possible with Square Invoices, that’s overkill, probably, for your purposes.  You could head over to the Ideate Board and submit a feature request to the Square POS team, but that would just get the ball rolling on evaluation and a decision-making process.  It will not be a quick solution for you.  However, with the tools that are in place it is possible we could help you develop a solution to combat employee dishonesty and inattention to detail.

Could you explain in some detail what specific problems you are trying to fix?  What does your “fake receipt” problem look like?  What about your “duplicate receipts” problem?  Square has tools to require manager overrides for sensitive things like voiding transactions, applying unauthorized discounts, etc.  Unless you have really unique problems I’m pretty sure that a combination of those would be a better solution for you than just having a sequential receipt number.

Thanks,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2