x

Is a laptop required in addition to the Stand for import/export

Due to the nature of our business a lot of analysis will be needed to be done outside of Square.  Also, our inventory is totally refreshed for each sale activity we have.  I have been going through all the support and community activity and see that there are export capabilities but no mention as to where the exported information can be directed.  We would need to be able to export directly into a Google drive.  Is this an available function?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@PatHouston ;

Welcome to the Square community forum as I see this is your first post.

As with what @JK_Fiber_Art has stated, I use PC's over Macs and I also have a Square Stand with an Ipad.  My preferred Cell is an Android.  So I do not know of a way to download from the Square Dashboard on an Ipad to Google Drive.  If you are better with Ipads and Iphones and know how to download Web documents from Safari in the Ipad environment you might be able to do this if you also have a Google drive setup.  Now if your trying to save money and do not want a New PC Laptop at $500 plus to import export data from Square's Dashboard, I did find that you can use a Chromebook at about $150 for this.  I download right from the Square Dashboard on my Chromebook and then the downloaded file opens in Google Sheets.  Otherwise yuo would need a regular computer to do this.  I never tried Logging into the Square Dashboard on my phone, and just use the Square Apps there.  With the apps you can view and screen shot information but not download or upload the csv files.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Hi PatHouston,

Interesting question - from personal experience - when we need to import or export data, we have always used a Desktop or Laptop to access our Square Account Dashboard.  Additionally any updates to our items or any other features in our account like uploading photos has always been done via a Desktop or Laptop - it's just make things easier for us.  We do use a Square Stand with an iPad in our shop but, coming from the Windows world, it's just natural for us to use a Desktop or Laptop for getting things done when it comes to importing, exporting or other account changes.  Seems to me it's a personal choice and what one is used to.  Note, one can export their data to any drive that's available on their system - we've often used Dropbox for example.  Hopefully other Community Members can share some thoughts.

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

@PatHouston ;

Welcome to the Square community forum as I see this is your first post.

As with what @JK_Fiber_Art has stated, I use PC's over Macs and I also have a Square Stand with an Ipad.  My preferred Cell is an Android.  So I do not know of a way to download from the Square Dashboard on an Ipad to Google Drive.  If you are better with Ipads and Iphones and know how to download Web documents from Safari in the Ipad environment you might be able to do this if you also have a Google drive setup.  Now if your trying to save money and do not want a New PC Laptop at $500 plus to import export data from Square's Dashboard, I did find that you can use a Chromebook at about $150 for this.  I download right from the Square Dashboard on my Chromebook and then the downloaded file opens in Google Sheets.  Otherwise yuo would need a regular computer to do this.  I never tried Logging into the Square Dashboard on my phone, and just use the Square Apps there.  With the apps you can view and screen shot information but not download or upload the csv files.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 4

Thank you both for your speedy responses.  You have answered my question.

Message 4 of 4