x

Connecting a Bluetooth Printer

I run a bookstore, and we want to use Square Stand for processing credit card transaction in a new section of the store.  We have a PC running our POS and sales receipt printer connected to the PC via Bluetooth.  I would like to connect the iPad on the Stand to printer via Bluetooth in the slight chance a customer would want a printed receipt.  Is it possible to do this?

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Great question, @LuteQ

One important point of clarification: Do you intend for the PC and Stand to share the printer? If so, this setup won't be possible as Bluetooth devices can only be paired to one other device at a time. 

Otherwise, if you're planning on using it solely with the Stand, there are a couple bluetooth printers that are supported by our app so you'll want to ensure that the one you have is one of them - see the full list in our Support Center. 

Hope that helps clarify but let me know if you have additional questions.

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the response.  The printer is an Epson printer, and I am told by Epson, that I can use an USB connection to the PC for the POS and that a Bluetooth connection can be used to another device, like an iPad.  If this is correct, should I be able to print receipts for Square transactions?

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

No you will not be able to use that printer with the Square Register App.  Epson printers aren't supported.

here is a list of supported printers. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5084-supported-hardware-for-ipads

You can always email or text a receipt to the customer instead of printing one.

Message 4 of 6

I understand that Square does not support Epson.  But can you print receipts to other printers? Can you configure the printing so it will print to the unsupported printer? 

I understand that Square wants us to buy and use printers that they have a relationship with.  But there are many more options in the marketplace than just the limited selection that Square has a relationship with. I understand that Square may not be able to provide support. 

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Message 6 of 6