x

Custom item reason codes

I am using the Square for Retail paid version and want to add a custom reason code to the current list of reasons (loss, damage, theft, etc.).  Can this be done?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @JDAHiker

And welcome to our Seller Community, we're always thrilled to see new faces!

Are you referring to the reason you can add when you comp or void an item? 

If the answer is yes, I have good news for you: you can absolutely add new comp/void reasons. 

You'll find more information about comp and void, as well as how to create custom reasons here.

Let me know if this information is helpful. 

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks Frances, but I am talking about the reason codes to write off items from the inventory list.

JDAHiker_0-1706916818205.png

I want to add additonal codes to the list to indicate spoilage loss.

John

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @JDAHiker, I am happy to assist. You will not be able to add a code to add more stock action options.  You can submit a request on our Ideate Board for this, and it is something our team can track. If you need anything else let us know! 

Message 4 of 5

I've been tracking this request and it goes back years.  This is retail 101 and that fact that Square does not have a solution to allow us to add / manage additional reason codes seems unacceptable.  Especially after you look at the history of people asking for this and I don't see anywhere that Square offers a work around for this. 

Message 5 of 5